Solo holiday trip report 12/1-12/5

Ya get it? It’s a giant Santa hat!! Hahahah

6 Likes

Beautiful!

1 Like

360 fireworks best fireworks

9 Likes

The holiday party fireworks are amazing!!! Saw some of them from the resort.

Enjoying your trip report! Just got here today and I don’t even know what we really did today. LOL!!

3 Likes

Hope it was fun, at least!!!

Day 2 complete. Nailed everything on my list, except 7dmt cause it was down for 90% of the party and immediately was a 45 minute wait(hahah no.).

Bailed on my HBD lunch because I wasn’t hungry, and being the rebel spy on star tours left a grin on my face all day (that rrrreally shouldn’t have been that impactful). Even was so ahead of schedule I got over to Epcot to check somethings off the Tuesday list. Sad that the other parks aren’t as decked out as HS. But maybe in the dark Epcot can pull out the win yet.

Did they cut back on them? I remember seeing photos where it was just wall to wall lights. I haven’t a clue where that would be though now.

Party was a blast, and I think the surrounding parts of the party (the treats) outdo the Halloween one. Jungle cruise …Er Jingle cruise was cute but not all that much different from normal. The Apple “cider” (juice) was good and the hot chocolate lived up to its name without issue. The cookies were good and the dove chocolates were better than anything you got at Halloween.

As far as parades go, I think they tie. Halloween has the better song, but the Christmas one has more effects. Snow and smells, which are surprisingly effective for creating the mood (especially the snow).

Fireworks goes to the Christmas one but only just. Both utilize the “immersive” fireworks and it’s just impressive. I love the “smiley face” fireworks, and the “whizzing” ones here and creatively coloring the castle put it over the edge.

The night ended on a weird note. They tweaked the buses a bit (and I mean just barely as they were giving POR:Rs extra buses to handle the approaching horde so the line was simply extended) and it apparently was a great offense to some guy and his adult son. Cursing up a storm and complaining that the change was ridiculous. Even though they ended up on the same bus they would have had nothing changed. And his son kept egging him on about how it was such “bs.” So weird.

I am so fricking tired, but don’t wanna go to sleep. It’s a good tired. The kind you are when you’ve had a full day.

Till tomorrow.

13 Likes

I am loving this! Your pics are beautiful.

I don’t want you to feel bad, @Randall1028, but you have ruined my entire vacation!

Your photo of Epcot has me really worried. I thought WDW would be a festival of Christmas decorations so overwhelming I would spend the whole time crying tears of joy and hugging strangers.

There’s not so much as a sniff of a bit of tinsel in that photo? Do they even know it’s Christmas?

I want a refund.

2 Likes

How so? Also, don’t count out Epcot just yet. I haven’t fully explored and most definitely not at night yet.

Today has been a rocky start. Nothing particularly bad, just not smooth. Lyft was late, and was different from description, so there was time lost in getting everything situated. I had bail on my “explore contemporary” plan for the moment because of it. BUT I’m off to BOG and am hungry: so we’re in good shape.

And as an added bonus, I got to do my “morning contemporary resort walk” that I’m a total fan of

3 Likes

Not as impressive as last night, but still just as nice

9 Likes

From Main Street to seated at bog in one smooth motion. Now with hot coffee and awaiting the breakfast which should be arriving momentarily.

It’s funny that this will now mark the several(ith) time I’ve seen all this and still just as interesting as it was the first time.

Edit: hahaha just saw a family jump outta their skin as they were examining the rose and the thunder went off. The son hightailed it outta the room. :rofl: I’m - I’m sorry… that’s not funny. (Yes it is)

15 Likes

Greetings from the table next to you. How funny!

3 Likes

From seat to eat to exit in 24 minutes. And now an empty park area to enjoy.

11 Likes

That’s hysterical!

1 Like

I want to see photos of Epcot so overwhelmed by decorations that there’s a real risk buildings may fall down.

2 Likes

A quality use of gingerbread.

And woo hoo, my splash mountain fpp just turned into a anytime/anywhere fpp. Yaaaaassss

9 Likes

Oof walking into the gf, the smell of gingerbread practically bowls ya over.

…can’t imagine why.

11 Likes

Meh, ahead of schedule so it’s off to wilderness Lodge. Private ship is best ship!

13 Likes

Wilderness lodge is going to be a fiiiine holiday home. With the smell of Apple & cinnamon in the air, I am rather sad I’m not staying here tonight. Or tomorrow. Or the next day.

12 Likes

Nice. Time of travel from WL To MK, from board to disembark: 8 minutes.

4 Likes