Solo for the Gold (9/29 - 10/3/2021)

And now, resting my feet for a few minutes.

Hopefully I’ll have time afterwards to grab a drink before harmonious starts.

13 Likes

What a crowd!

10 Likes

SE looks lovely in that photo!! :blue_heart::purple_heart:

2 Likes

I was so dazzled by the golfball in this beautiful photo that I almost didn’t notice the stargate.

5 Likes

Can’t wait to see this!

Ohohoh! Pick January!!! :pray::european_castle::ferris_wheel::roller_coaster:

3 Likes

Saddest thing I’ve ever seen in a Disney show. A dead AA figure. Just stood there like a statue and his lasso swayed for a second when he was first lifted up.

And with the light crowd, the applause was pitiful. Like 5 people clapped for a second then stopped. We all walked out in silence.

Music was great though!

10 Likes

One last round of you know what.

Ran to get some more gifts for the kids, I’m such a great dad after all, and one more ride.

After this I’ll be running back up to catch harmonious. Then bus back to room. I might update again. I might not. Bus leaves at 530am…

17 Likes

Sleep on the bus, then sleep on the plane

Your public needs you

8 Likes

I believe in the beginning you told us you weren’t really doing a trip report…so I’ve already gotten way more than I’d hoped for.

8 Likes

18 Likes

Are you going in January?

2 Likes

Yes!

It’d be amazing to meet up!

3 Likes

What dates?

1 Like

What are your thoughts on Harmonious? (After you sleep. :wink: )

1 Like

It was good. It doesn’t say Epcot to me though. Is just a mash of Disney IP, and mostly newer. Moana, brave, frozen, coco. A few Renaissance. Can’t remember anything older except jungle book. My brain isn’t working too well at the moment though, so I could be forgetting. My overall impression is that it’s rivers of light on mind blowing steroids. With looots of pyro. Similar to my impression of Enchanted, the new projection technology is truly amazing, but the story content is lacking. Which is a real shame. It seems backwards for imagineering. Like they had this new technology and slapped together a story to show it off.

7 Likes

7 Likes

Tragical :cry:

2 Likes

So I’m going back through pictures while waiting at the airport and now I see why my battery was draining so fast. I took a LOT of pictures and videos! It will take me a while to sort through them. I was snapping away as I walked around, figuring a few would turn out great. And also for “time stamping” my trip. I’m trying to decide if I will do a detailed trip report or just dump the best photos and write a short summary. Will see what I have time for in the next week or so.

I’m exhausted. Something I don’t think I mentioned was that the 4 days leading up to this trip I was in Colorado hiking in Rocky Mountain National Park with my family. Well, “hiking” with 2, 5, and 6 yo kids whining to go back to the cabin. Actually, DS5 is turning out to be my nature buddy, he did great.

ETA just one more of the amazing fall colors.

32 Likes

Wow! That looks lovely!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Can relate!! Took kids up the Ben Nevis path in the summer and we barely got out of sight of the campsite :see_no_evil: Next time they’re staying in the tent!! :rofl::rofl:

5 Likes