Solo (and first time!) Disneyland - Live Trip Report!

That looks delicious!

2 Likes

This is how I will probably approach DL. Cross country is just a bigger trip. WDW I can do for a long weekend and 2-3 days in the park. I try and go a couple of times a year so that I don’t have to do as long of a trip. I’ll readily admit one of my favorite things about traveling is planning and researching, so that aspect tends to be a plus for me with WDW.

And my favorite park is Epcot so that’ll always give the edge.

I’m heading to DLP next May, and hope to do the parks in Asia in the coming years. Really, any Disney park is a great thing!

10 Likes

Guardians at a posted 15, so let’s go hang with that crew.

7 Likes

:scream: BANNED (Kidding - just some MouseMatt humor.)

Uh … inferior? Heck, no! Smaller, yes, but it packs quite a punch. I think it was @gingerSnaps543222 who listed out rides and attractions in Florida vs. California. DLR has I think more rides and almost as many attractions as all four parks in Florida. Plus, your little guy would love Cars Land.

I think the nostalgia factor is huge. I always feel a little disappointed in MK because it’s not nearly as awesome as DL. I don’t care that the castle is smaller, I love that DL castle best!

9 Likes

4th ride and 4th different song. This time had the Pat Benatar classic Hit Me With Your Best Shot.

9 Likes

Here’s her post on it:

And here’s my spreadsheet comparison:

8 Likes

Guardians again and Benatar again. 15 min wait.

5 Likes

Disneyland castle > wdw castle. Prove me wrong. Lol. But best castle I’ve seen Shanghai. It’s huge, had a snow white walk thru, princess meet and greet and a huge character meal.

I mean look at it

7 Likes

Hahah I cannot get on board with this assessment. Walking down Main St at MK and seeing the castle as soon as you enter is so magical. I gotta get wayyyy down the street at DL to see it. It is a pretty color and I like the drawbridge and that there’s a walkthrough though.

I haven’t seen the others in person, but the only one I’m tentatively willing to concede may be better than Cinderella Castle at MK is Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland Paris.

8 Likes

The dragon may well give it the edge.

4 Likes

Not to derail the debate for supremacy which can never have consensus, but it’s 1pm, so gonna do some park hopping!

Also, I’ve walked by Carthay Circle at least 20 times today hoping for an Oswald sighting but no luck. Maybe he’s an afternoon/evening slot today. I’ll be back over here for dinner tonight and will try again.

6 Likes

I love it too! However, I don’t love trying to figure out what I want to eat 6 months out! That is a bit extreme me. Prior to Covid, I planned to go back for after hours event only trip. I think that type of WDW trip would be a game changer for me.

2 Likes

Pat Benatar is my favorite one! Elvis is DS17’s favorite.

1 Like

Okay pit stop at Clarabelle’s on the way out!

7 Likes

Okay lots more fall bunting on Main Street!

7 Likes

6 Likes

I was super impressed by the size of the castle at MK. But it’s so paved and open and sterile feeling to me compared to DL’s smaller hub and all the greenery. Now those trees also get in the way of the fireworks and projections, so I get why they have that wide empty hub at MK, I just like the cozy feeling of DL. Because … nostalgia and it’s what I grew up with.

A lot of us that love DLR so much also live much closer. I can get in the car and drive to California. It might take me two days, but I can (and do) do it. I’m doing it on Friday! I wouldn’t dream of driving to Florida. And the flight is the same as Hawaii! So geography definitely plays into it as well. Living in the west all of my life, it has always been difficult for me to fully realize how dense the eastern third or so of the US is population wise compared to the west. Way more people live in proximity to FL than to Southern CA.

7 Likes

What’s great about a solo trip? There’s no one to complain if you want to ride Buzz over and over.

12 Likes

Going for round 3!

5 Likes

Okay I think I might have done that 6 times in a row? Twice I was able to jump right from the unload to the loading area because there was no one in line.

I know the tricks to get Galactic Hero at WDW but don’t quite have it down here yet.

Next up, Space!

6 Likes