So you haven't been to Disney since Avatar, Toy Story, and Star Wars land has been built?

Neither have I.

What’s the first thing we should do? Where should we spend the most of our time? Any advice for us that haven’t been in the last 3 years?

Stick with how you first visited: what appeals to you? And go from there.

1 Like

Are you asking the people in the same boat, such as myself? Or was the topic just click-bait (it worked!) and you’re really asking those who HAVE been since those were built?

3 Likes

I’m asking people for advice and trying to get those that have not been informed. Best of both worlds, I guess.

Well, funny enough, for our May trip, which will be about 3 1/2 years since our last visit, the things I’m MOST interested in doing are the things I’m already familiar with. If we HAPPEN to be able to ride SDD, or see SWGE, fine.

The one thing I’ll be disappointed NOT to get to ride is FOP. So, for us, I’m expecting to be in the standby line for the long haul (unless we manage to get a same-day drop). But our first day will be Magic Kingdom where things are pretty much the same.

2 Likes

Our first day, we will be getting there a little later and to start our vacation off right, we are doing MVMCP. The next day, we will be doing EPCOT since we will hopefully sleep in a little late. I have HS and AK toward the back of my trip since there are newer rides that will be tougher to get FPP for.

We will be off property, so it makes no difference when we do them. But we have only one day allocated for AK (basically to do FOP and Expedition Everest mainly), which will be day 8 of our trip. Two days are allocated to HS so that we can do some of TSL and SWGE. I’m just expecting to be horribly disappointed with SDD. Looks to be barely more than a kiddie coaster.

I guess, ultimately, it isn’t about what we get done, but who we’ll be with while we’re getting stuff done! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

We will be doing 8 days (counting MVMCP as one of them. We will only do AK one day, with 2 days for HS and EP. We will have 2 full days in MK and 1 for MVMCP.

That sounds like the lyrics from a Dave Matthews song. “Turns out not where but who you’re with that really matters.”

Well, if you’re at Disney, it’s where you are that matters. :wink:

1 Like

Well, sure. I mean, we wouldn’t be paying ridiculous amounts of money if the WHERE didn’t matter! :wink:

1 Like

This is a very excellent plan. My FPP day was last weekend and I had made HS day 60+2 and AK 60+3 and was able to get both SDD and FOP, but couldn’t have if they were the early days.

1 Like

I think this is correct. It might be slightly more than 7DMT, but I don’t know. I am not looking forward to that for myself, but since my girls are 9, it might fit them.

My FPP day is coming up in 17 days. I can’t wait!

1 Like

Personally, I think you two are under-estimating SDD. I know you’re a roller coaster person, @ryan1, so you’re probably looking at the thrill level of it. It’s not the most intense coaster in the world, but it really is just plain FUN.
We were pleasantly surprised with it. So much, so, that my family decided to wait an hour in line for it, twice. And no one can usually wait for more than about 30 minutes, for anything.
It’s WAY better than 7DMT, in my opinion. For one, it’s actually a real coaster.

Anyway. As far as the other areas… I haven’t been to SW, but Pandora and TSL both are awesome at night. I’d try to do an hour or two in the morning, at each, and then go back in the evening, after dark. Even if it’s just to walk around and experience the lands.

4 Likes

I’ll take your word for it about SDD. Never been on it (obviously). Just looked like a kiddie coaster, but really happy that it’s more than 7DMT.

The advantage of underestimating it is that when I ride it, I’m less likely to be disappointed, and instead, pleasantly surprised. 7DMT, I had over-estimated it, and came away going, “What was the point of that? What a waste of time!”

4 Likes

Wrong.

It’s my favourite rollercoaster in WDW.

2 Likes

Correct.

Also correct.

1 Like

I agree that it’s a fun ride. No, it’s not high thrills but I’d say it’s a bit more thrills than a kiddie coaster. Some smaller kids will probably scared. With that being said, especially if you’re a coaster junkie it is skippable. I wouldn’t wait too long for it.

2 Likes

In mid-December, it will also be our 1st time since those lands were built. But we date ourselves even more when I say we haven’t even been to the “new” Fantasyland. It opened a few months after we visited in Summer 2012.

We want to do it all, too. We like to go on every ride once and our favorites multiple times. But a “Christmastime” trip may limit that type of touring style. We may not fret so much about how many times we get on a ride because we may be feasting on the magical Christmas decorations. We have 7 park days without hoppers. We should be able to do it all. We just aren’t sure how long we want to wait in lines for the rides we don’t get FPP.

When DD21 was 9 and DS19 was 7, we did do every single ride in DLR over 3 days, some rides we did multiple times. We even rode every single vehicle down Main Street!:crazy_face:

1 Like

I feel the same. I can live with out 7DMT. And I don’t plan on doing SDD or AS at HS. TSM is one of my all time favs though. 7DMT and SDD are great for ppl scared of the big coasters or children. If I have to wait more than 15 - 20 mins for them, (haven’t even ridden SDD), forget it.

1 Like