So long Touring Plans

I don’t agree with everything you put, but you certainly haven’t alienated me.

1 Like

No alienation here. I agree that TP is not perfect, but it’s pretty darned good imho - yea graphics and such a bit outdated, but it does what I need.

I do have to laugh though when I hear Genie and start singing “I’m in the mood to help you dude. You ain’t never had a friend like me”… what’s the saying with “friends like you, who needs enemies” (Speaking about Genie app and not you @sanstitre_has_left_the_building

2 Likes

Yes?

I guess I don’t understand what you’re asking.

If people don’t like TP and prefer the other, move along.

As far as my suggestion to Ryan to hush – we all know he overthinks everything and sometimes my personal brane hurts over it LOL

4 Likes

Hmm. I’ll have to ponder that one for a while. :wink:

1 Like

:rofl: YES, this is how the app will be!

I don’t think it is productive to beg people to stay. My first reaction was to just acknowledge the post and to say Bye.

3 Likes

Same.

As I read, I noticed we responded in exactly the same way.

3 Likes

You did not alienate me at all. I think my point after I initially said good bye was to say that these two tools, and the knowledge of this community is what I value. For years it was only the other liners that had me coming back here every day. I love those new tools!

1 Like

Oh! You think he read us as saying goodbye to TP?

Ohhhhhhhhh

Yeah, no. I’m not going anywhere

1 Like

[quote=“PrincipalTinker, post:7, topic:63367, full:true”]
lol, I could link at least 10 threads in the last few weeks here (including one from this morning) where MDE does not work.

And that’s the truth.

3 Likes

I think I should of said nothing and let the thread die. It was a negatively written statement to only cause issues.

1 Like

Now I’m really confused LOL

I don’t know what you’re referring to! HA!

1 Like

Are you calling me a tool?

(For clarity, I’m being hilarious. Which I always am, so it shouldn’t really come as a surprise.)

5 Likes

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I feel traumatized at the thought.

1 Like

Genie can’t be the substantially the same as TP. That doesn’t make sense.

One reason TP is helpful is that most Disney guest do not use it. Thus, when TP suggest a plan to guests going to a park a certain day, the number of guests using TP does not meaningfully impact the wait times.

But, I assume many Disney guests will use Genie. As Genie sends more and more people on a certain schedule for certain days, it starts to impact the wait lines and the tour plans Genie sent to previous guests going those same days. Therefore, Genie can’t work the same way at TP due to the number of guests who will be using Genie.

And that’s before we even get into the Disney IT issues (see MDE) …

1 Like

Yes, I think it would be worth it to create the mock plan through Genie based on it’s suggestions and then do a TP AVOIDING any of Genie’s suggestions.

4 Likes

It depends on how you define successful. My kids like rides and characters. I don’t see how we could have done all of the must dos (7DMT, FOP, Peter Pan, Sorin, Slinky, Tower of Terror, frozen) without fastpass. We spent 1 day in each park and did all of the rides we wanted and never rope dropped. We had fastpass and then were able to get more by using modify and refresh.

I took this post to;

1. Insure plenty of comments. :blush:
  2. Point out that Genie is competition for touring plans which at face value that certainly seems to be the case. At this point it may well be that TP figures out a winning strategy that will keep plenty of satisfied customers and continue to draw new ones. I certainly hope this is the case as a faithful subscriber since 2011.
    But I certainly don’t think it’s out of bounds to point out that regardless of the quality of the tools and content here, something similar with the heft of Disney marketing behind it, has potential to hurt TP a business. Having said that, I’m absolutely rooting for TP because I think they will certainly do the things I look to them for better than Disney ever will.
2 Likes

Exactly!