So I moved our April Cruise Date to November

Back at the early stages of the pandemic here in the US, we moved our sail date. And of course later Disney cancelled and were generous with their crediting. Now I wonder if there will be any cruises this year or not. Anyone else in this boat (pun intended)?

I check Carnival and Royal Caribbean pretty much every day for an August cruise. I would hope they are cruising by November!! I canā€™t imagine those poor employees who are stuck on a ship right now. Not cruising, but not home with their families eitherā€¦ itā€™s a nightmare.

I believe @Trampslady_18966 can commiserate.

1 Like

We were booked on the Hawaii westbound cruise and when it was cancelled we took our CC and booked the EBPC for November. I really hope we can cruise by then. I know some of the cast members from the ships went home, but those under contract still are afloat, and probably wish they were going somewhere. This is such a crazy situation. Even if we need to get tested before the trip, I would do it.

2 Likes

Our new sail date is in May 2021 so Iā€™m hoping cruises will be normal by then. If theyā€™re not sailing by February we will cancel and not make our final payment.

1 Like

Yeah. Iā€™m watching fall cruises, but the idea of wearing a mask has me slow to commit. The deals are awesome though.

Yep, in the same ā€˜boatā€™ here. Our Carnival cruise is booked for January with the final payment due in October. Wait and see approach for now.

1 Like

Reviving this thread cause Iā€™m curious - anyone booked for 2020 still? I have a cruise for May 2021 but Iā€™m starting to wonder if even that is too soon. If theyā€™re sailing by February when I have to make my final payment, weā€™ll probably go. But Iā€™d rather not go through the refund process after that point, so if cruises havenā€™t resumed by then I may just book a hotel in Orlando (maybe UOR?) and extend my WDW vacation.

1 Like

@Trampslady_18966 ?

Iā€™m looking at next May now. Wish I could go in January, but DS 20 has short college break.

2 Likes

Not 2020 anymore. We were initially booked May 30, 2020, now end of June 2021. Hoping for some return to ā€œnormalcyā€ by then.

2 Likes

Just booked May 19, 2021 cruise. Five nights out of Galveston on Royal.

1 Like

I was just watching BBC World News (a great independent new source for Americans, btw) and they had a little puff piece about several empty cruise ships sitting off the coast of England, where tourists are flocking just to look at the ships. In fact, there are boat excursions that will take tourists out and circle around the cruise ships. The pilots on the cruise ships will honk at the tourists as they pass by. A cruise to see a cruise! :joy:

Oh, the simple joys of an otherwise depressing pandemic life. :wink:

1 Like

Iā€™d go.

1 Like

Any port in a stormā€¦
Happy to hear news.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5687/?et_cid=3372611&et_rid=119375517&et_referrer=Boards

1 Like

I have a June 2021 cruise and am thinking itā€™s about 30% change Iā€™ll actually go. I can cancel and get refunded up until April I think.

DH will look for a job in another state in March or so. Depending on relocating, and a new position, I donā€™t know if we can truly anticipate taking our trip. I have to cancel by February. I really hope some ships sail before then so we have a good picture of what sailing even looks like.