So Excited to announce we are almost DVC owners

We are the closest we’ve even been at being DVC owners!!! :smiley:

I have been researching, crunching numbers and trying to see if this is a wise idea - all of my research has amounted to a resounding yes! I even have my “ever cautious” husband on board!

We have found a points package that is agreeable - I’ve contacted “DVC Resales Timeshare store” made an offer, talked to our financial adviser and now we wait to see if the owner accepts our offer. We decided to offer $500 less than listed (which will help us with the exchange - we’re Canadian). Are we at jeopardy of losing this cause we offered less?

I would love to start a conversation regarding DVC … we decided that we wanted to buy resale but I’m interested all DVC information! The good the bad and the ugly!!

3 Likes

I have no help for you but good luck and early congratulations! What resort are you buying into?

1 Like

We’re hoping to get into OKW - I know it’s not as sexy as some of the others but we are wanting to get into the DVC door and pay as little as possible.

1 Like

Oh i don’t blame you a bit, and you can still get rooms at other places even at the 7 month mark. Let us know how it turns out!

1 Like

That’s exactly what we thought too! I promise I’ll give an update!

1 Like

We’re currently waiting on the RoFR for a BLT contract. We negotiated some, too, but I don’t think we went too low for disney.

2 Likes

May I ask how much lower did you go? (We offered $10,000 instead of $10,500)How long have you been waiting for RoFR from Disney? I hear they could take 30 days!

How exciting for you! We bought a resale DVC contract earlier this year too. We were kind of dumb and didn’t negotiate at all. We just paid what they were asking. I totally knew the ins and outs of DVC but didn’t research the actual resale process in terms of making offers. I think at $96 per point for BLT we got a decent deal. We bought just enough to go every other year with the thought that we didn’t want to be in over our heads. Our RoFR took longer than 30 days and then the close was slow too. I was very nervous. I hope it all works out for you.

1 Like

About two weeks so far. We negotiated from $100 a point to $95 a point.

1 Like

I feel a little apprehensive but not too bad - I just want to make sure we make a wise choice! I was hoping we could close before the end of the year so when I re-new my AP on our Jan trip I can take advantage of the DVC member rates! I guess we will have to see what happens :slight_smile: I am so excited that this is becoming a reality!

I guess if we are talking price per point we are hoping to negotiate from approx $70 a point to $67. I hope you hear back soon on the RoFR!

1 Like

@keithloveswaffles Have you heard back from Disney regarding ROFR? I’m freaking myself out a little - I went on DisBoards and started looking up all the horror stories of people not making it past the ROFR stage! I know - bad!

We are only a little over a week of waiting so I have no reason to worry - we did settle on $65 a point at OKW - so that I’m hoping that isn’t too low for Disney.

What exactly is this? Why would your offer to buy a DVC contract be denied? We have it in our minds to do this in several years. I didn’t know it was possible to be denied though.

For all resale DVC there is a Right of First Refusal. “Right of First Refusal is the option Disney Vacation Club has to purchase any resale package after a sales price has been agreed upon and a contract has been drawn up. Each contract must be forwarded to DVC for review. If the price is too low, Disney will step in and purchase the property themselves at the terms agreed upon by the Seller and original Buyer. DVC then becomes the Buyer.”

When we started this process I was assured that Disney exercises this right very seldom (approx 5% of the time) but I did a very bad thing - I started looking up the stories of people that Disney exercised that right. I know! very bad!

Oh wow that hardly seems fair. Sending good thoughts your way though I’m sure it will all go swimmingly!

1 Like

Oh I hope you’re right! :slight_smile: I will be sure to report back as soon as I hear anything!

1 Like

Wishing you luck. Our neighbours did this a year ago and the process did take forever.
We just came back and have decided to research buying and then deciding before we go back.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I really hope it doesn’t take forever - I was told about mid Dec is when we should close (if everything goes right).

If this does take forever it will mess up my surprise I have for my sisters - we are all booked at All Star Movies for our “Girls Trip” in May but I want to “upgrade” it to DVC as soon as we are owners!

3 Likes

I have not heard back yet. We are 3 weeks in, and I heard it can take about 4. Hopefully closing goes quickly once we hear! I’ll keep you posted!

I agree that the horror stories are better left unread! Gonna keep my fingers crossed

@EthicalAddict we got notice today that disney didn’t want to buy the contract, so we now just have to wait for the closing paperwork