Snacks for Diabetic?

2 Likes

I’m a type 1, I know there is a big difference but I have trouble keeping my glucose up when I’m at disney. People forget to average in the amount of walking u do. I tend to stay away from the sugar-free stuff due to more times than not the sugar free have more carbs than the regular foods

2 Likes

Thanks @Mom2aprincess. I’ll bring this up to DH

I would bring along some nuts as a handy protein to snack on or when needed to balance out any sugar. Good luck! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Mom2aprincess my son is also Type 1 and one of the reasons we go so often is because when we are at WDW he can just eat. We are so active and the weather nice and warm, he too struggles to keep his levels up. The sugar free stuff at Disney raises all heck with his stomach. We just enjoy while there.

Also. best practice - for toting around insulin, I’ve found that the small cooler / ice packs placed inside a coffee thermos and then frozen works best. Stays cold inside for days. 100 degrees and HOT weather can quickly cook insulin at WDW

Great thinking on how to keep insulin cool I have struggled with that, have saw some diabetics not keep insulin in anything have wondered with the heat why they would think it wouldn’t hurt the insulin