Slight change to purchase of Genie+ Procedure as of 2/17/22?

Please confirm or correct me here… Today a CM told me that as of 2/17/22 if you purchase regular park tickets (not PH or PH+) on or after 2/17/22, you will only be able to add G+ in advance for the length of your ticket at the time of ticket purchase. If you wait to add it later, you will only be able to do this after 12AM the day of.
She said that this new rule does not apply to PH or PH+ tickets, or tickets purchased prior to 2/17/22.

I believe that is what I heard. I could only get 4 Day regular tickets or 4 Day Genie+. I was told if I want to add Genie+ for only one or two of our days I would have to add it on the day of.

I would be surprised if they wouldn’t take your money anytime

2 Likes

I thought that this was always the case? If you want it for every day you should add it ahead of time and if you want it for one day you can only add it after midnight?

4 Likes

So the salient point here seems to be that you can only add it at the point of sale from now on.

If you don’t add it when you actually purchase the tickets, you cannot add it later, you’ll have to add it day by day.

2 Likes

But I wonder if that’s restricted to ticket only? Because you can always modify a package and I would be surprised if you couldn’t still do that.

Also there will need to be some kind of notification of that during the purchase process

1 Like

And you keep the value of your ticket right? So could you take the money you’ve already paid and put that towards a new ticket that had genie for length of stay?

1 Like

Yes, this.

I’m wondering if this is a tactic they are using to get people to purchase it right away. The fear of not being able to add it for all of your days in the future and only be able to do it in the wee hours of the morning the day of will scare people into just buying it right then and there. Even if they don’t initially plan on using it for everyday.

2 Likes

Part of me wonders if they are going to start limiting day of sales to a certain number. By making day of sales first come first serve, they could potentially push more people towards buying it as an add-on for their ticket.

1 Like

Disney’s current MO: CREATE A SCARCITY MENTALITY

It’s a trap

8 Likes

Yes, just like sold out park reservations.

4 Likes

We’re all just mice trying to find the fastest way to get to the cheese, that is if mice had little wallets with little wads of cash to throw at their predicament :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes