Skipping RD this trip

Before I had kids, I skipped rope drop and slept in most mornings … it worked for me except Saturdays were challenging due to higher crowds.

1 Like

Here are the hours for May of last year: https://wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/hours/may18.cfm

I’m confident we’ll see an extension of the hours for May, just like they did in April. Comparing the final hours for April 2019 with 2018, they’re slightly shorter in spots but they definitely extended them from what they published initially (except for EPCOT, which almost always closes at 9pm). So I’m not going to worry about it too much. :grinning: I think we’re okay.

1 Like

May hours are up, and I haven’t really perused them all but AK and MK are closing later. They might extend hours even further closer to the dates, but it’s the change I was hoping for.

I wouldn’t expect any park with DAH or evening EMH to change, though.

2 Likes

Well look out for FoP fastpasses then at AK. They should drop 24 - 48 hrs after park hours were extended, but occasionally they do it more like 6-12. Just to keep us on our toes lol!

3 Likes

So they extended the EMH at MK to 12 pm, which makes it worth a park hop after we’re done with DHS. How busy will it be?I know some members of my party will want to go over there, although we parental units are going back to the resort.

Should I make them a touring plan for EMH? I think its a level 6 day over there. (Oh, of course I’ll make one, its what we Liners do. :grin: ) On the other hand, if they go over there the odds will be low that they’ll want to RD MK the next morning :thinking:- but our first FP doesn’t start until around 10, so they could show up pretty late. But that’s the first full day of our trip, and likely my only chance to get them to RD at all.

I hate to blow up my plans so early in the trip but it’s much better to be realistic than believe that somehow my progeny will suddenly turn into early birds. Maybe I could just not point out the late EMH and hope they don’t notice.

1 Like

Does it matter if they don’t rope drop? I assume from your comments that they are old enough to do their own thing, therefore they can make decisions for themselves.

I would take the view that if they know your plan for rope drop, then it’s up to them if they choose not to get up for it. It isn’t a case of blowing your plans, you still stick with your plan.