SirGreggLadyV’s Day 4 - Christmas Eve at Mostly AK

So, 12/24 was our AK day with our first RD. Having only 4 hours of sleep the night before made me rather crabby. DH and DD were especially slow, so we didn’t leave AKL when I wanted to. My talk with the ladies at guest relations helped us to get a couple of things sorted out, like an extension cord for my CPAP.

We RDed to ride NRJ and for DD to ride FoP. We let her go in by herself because she’s more nimble and quick on her feet. Oh my goodness! We loved NRJ! It was so peaceful! The attention to detail was astounding! DD loved FoP, too. DH and I walked around and enjoyed the views, then went in to watch FotLK. What a great spectacle. Now I understand why you guys talk about the monkey acrobats! They were great. We got to sit on the front row. Great place to watch from.

10 Likes

After the festival, we headed to Tiffins, and met Aneira there; she had ridden EE while we were watching FotLK.

Tiffins was our favorite restaurant in the parks last year, so we were really looking forward to this time. The menu had changed quite a bit from last time. To be honest, we were disappointed. It pains me to say it. The service wasn’t as good as last year, and the food was definitely a rung down the ladder.

For my appetizer, I ordered the cheese plate, altered for my allergies and intolerances. It was as good as last time. (You can’t really mess up a cheese plate, can you?)

I ordered the braised lamb shank. It comes with beans, which are not my favorite (which I didn’t eat). The lamb, itself, was infused with anise. I absolutely cannot stand anise. It didn’t see that on menu, or I wouldn’t have ordered it. Other than that, the meat just fell off the bone.

Gregg had some type of bread for his appetizer and a special dish made to order by the chef. It was fish, carrots, and mushrooms.

Aneira had the calamari for her appetizer and the chicken with waffle for her entree

I couldn’t have any of the desserts, which was disappointing. Aneira wasn’t interested in dessert; and Gregg normally can’t have any.

However, they did bring her out this meringue and chocolate.

2 Likes

Oh, she loved the meringue!

After lunch (where we got our RoL tickets), we went back to the resort and slept. Aneira went swimming.

After a much needed nap, we headed back to AK to watch RoL. This time we got to see it from the front row. It was incredible there! I know that it doesn’t get a lot of love here, but we really enjoy the music and the projections on the water. We were surprised that they didn’t have dancers on the boats anymore. Still, it was very enjoyable.

After that, we decided to see Pandora at night. Wow! Highly enjoyable. We are still blown away by the attention to detail and the immersiveness if the land! We don’t even like Avatar and enjoyed this area of the park.

We stopped to watch the Tree Awakenings, which were cool! We missed that on our last trip.

We then left the park to go to Epcot for dinner at Les Chefs de France.

6 Likes

Okay, we have always loved Epcot more than any of the other parks. There were several restaurants here that we’ve always wanted to try. So, in order to actually try them out we opted to go to Epcot most every day. This was the first of those days. Gregg was in his wheelchair and I was with my walker. It takes time to get to WS. Gregg started saying that the first area before Spaceship Earth was like Frodo and Sam’s journey through Mordor.

We absolutely HATE the hill in the UK Pavilion up to the stupid bridge in France. Gregg was already feeling bad from our time at AK, so Aneira pushed him up the hill. She was really hurting afterwards. Me? I held up, but my goodness I needed a rest!

We were a bit late to our ADR, which was to become a regular theme for us.

I have always loved France! I spent for summers there as a teen when my dad lived there and feel quite a connection to it. I enjoyed our waiter, who was quite attentive and entertaining. The food I ate was good. Aneira didn’t feel well, not did Gregg. They treated Aneira like a queen, but she just wanted to lie down. Towards the end of the meal, Gregg put Aneira in the wheelchair and took her back to the car while I finished my meal and paid the tip. Then I left, and went back toward the front. I was feeling quite accomplished that I had scaled the hill to the top of the bridge between France and UK when Gregg called me about leaving his glasses. So, I had to turn around and return to the restaurant. Grrrr. Thankfully our waiter saw me through the window and brought the glasses to me. Then the long trek back to handicapped parking.

I thought the food was good, but Gregg thinks his dish made him ill.

Aneira and I had escargot. Mine had no croutons. Gregg didn’t get an appetizer.

For our entrees, Gregg had fish, carrots, mushrooms, and olives. Rather bland. The French really loves sauces, which Gregg usually can’t have. I guess they don’t know how to make good meals without it?

Aneira had a seafood dinner. Forgot what it was.

I had Duck. I love duck, and this was good!

For dessert, our waiter packed me a creme brûlée to take with me.

4 Likes

I also loved ROL. I liked it more than Jingle Bell Jingle Bam. Not sure what that says about me but whatever! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I didn’t get to see JBJB. We had an ADR to go to. :frowning:

I forgot to mention that those berries on the duck plate were cherries soaked in liqueur. OMG! Yummy! When I mentioned how heavenly they were, our waiter brought me a small bowl of them.

4 Likes

Here are the other days:

LadyV’s Graduation Extravaganza in the Bubble - Day 1

LadyV’s Graduation Extravaganza - Day 2

LadyV’s Exhausting WDW Extravaganza-Day 3

SirGreggLadyV’s Christmas in WDW - Day 5

SirGreggLadyV’s DD’s Birthday in the Bubble - Day 6

LadyV’s Graduation Extravaganza in the Bubble - Day 7

LadyV’s Exhausting Graduation Extravaganza in the Bubble a.k.a. What Else Could Go Wrong? Day 8

Wow, Gregg’s dish really looks awful. That’s a shame.

It also didn’t sit well with him and he felt ill after eating it. :frowning:

Yikes.
I’m so glad you had an overall great trip. I’ve enjoyed reading along.

1 Like