Single rider for FOP?

Is there a single rider line for FOP? And is it a good option if you can’t get a FPP?

We’ll be staying off-site in early April, At a high CL time. So at 30 days we’ve got no chance of snagging a FOP FPP. But my adult son has never ridden FOP and I’d love to have an option for him that doesn’t involve a 2 hour SB wait time.

No single rider line.

Is there still a Single Rider entrance that is never used? I remember that being a thing.

I have never seen one.

Try RDing or SDD.

There is a sort of single rider line.

Once you get to the point where the FPP line merges with the SB line, you are sorted into one of six lines (three on each side of a dividing wall) though typically only four of them (two on each side) are used. The centre line is often used for single riders.

I first noticed this when the CM at the second FPP touchpoint assumed I was with the group in front of me and directed me to the left-hand line, which was quite long. As I waited I saw single people joining the middle line and moving to the first pre-show room almost immediately. I returned to the touchpoint and asked the CM about it. On realising I was a single rider, she directed me to the middle line and I was called to the pre-show room within about a minute, having walked almost the full length of the other line straight to the front of the new one I’d been directed to.

1 Like

I never saw it being used, but the sign was there. I remember speculation that it would open at some point, but I don’t think it ever opened.

3 Likes

Not always though. Admittedly I’ve only ridden 3 times, but the centre was not being used. CMs did pull single riders when they were needed though.

2 Likes

Thanks guys. Maybe we’ll try to have him RD it. I was under the impression that SDD was a real rarity for FOP.

This is a more up-to-date picture. That one from AllEars is from when it first opened

3 Likes

If he’s not a morning person, getting in the line right before closing is a good option.

1 Like

It looks like they painted the “Single rider” sign black instead of removing it. It is funny that they made an entire set up for a proper single rider line and then chose not to use it. At FOP they spend a lot of time asking for “party of 3” at the “how many?” stage, but with so many pre-shows I guess this doesn’t make the experience less efficient.

1 Like

It’s not painted. It’s covered. As in, it could theoretically open at any second.

2 Likes

Not at all, they are dropped very regularly - check at 11.01, 1.01, 3.01, 5.01 - never guaranteed but you stand a good chance of picking it up. Getting in line at closing will get you a short wait too. But RD is good if you’re willing to be at least an hour early.

2 Likes