We (myself and my fiance) leave for a very short (and relatively last minute) trip to WDW to attend MNSSHP and Food & Wine.
What started out as a budget trip, staying off-site using Marriott points turned into staying on-site (albeit at All Star Music) and adding a few extras (park hopper, HS EMM, and a dessert party). But my wonderful parents gave us frequent flier miles to use so no airfare cost (that is how I justified the extras )
While we are only there for less than 48 hours, we are keeping plans pretty loose so we have lots of flexibility. We have a lot we want to do, but we can be pretty laid back and adjust if needed. We have been to MNSSHP and F&W before so no pressure to try to do and see everything. And, we are going back in December for a longer trip but adding a lot more people. So, here are the plans:
- Arrive MCO at 11:30am
- Uber to Disney Springs to do The Void (fiance is HUGE Star Wars fan and is really looking forward to this)
- 2:00 reservation at Art Smith’s Homecomin’
- Bus to All Star Music, drop carry-ons then bus to MK for MNSSHP
- Hoping to get our picture with the 7 Dwarfs and hit a ride or two before the parades and fireworks
- Early Morning Magic at Hollywood Studios for TSL!! We weren’t going to go to HS originally but when I saw EMM was offered we upgraded to a one-day park hopper and booked it. We may try to get in a ride or two outside of TSL (TOT, Star Tours, RNRC) depending on how the lines are
- Boat to Epcot. I’ve actually never done the boat to Epcot and while I know it takes longer, we are going for a bit of a leisurely pace so this seems to be a good option. Plus, we have a May trip booked at BC and this will be a great way to show my fiance the Epcot hotels
- I did book fast passes at Epcot, just in case we want them: Spaceship Earth, Living with the Land and Soarin
- I have all of the Food & Wine booths mapped out with our favorites, we will see how many we actually get to! The plan is to eat lunch and dinner around WS (and snacks too!)
- Bus/Boat back to HS for Star Wars Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party (since we have a park hopper now and we won’t get to see Star Wars Galactic when we are there in December)
- Up early for 8:00 am flight back home
Any advice on how realistic our first day is, doing The Void, a meal and getting to MNSSHP all by 4? (assuming the flight is on time)?
Thanks, I may even try to do a trip report (my first)!