Silly question about cross-country flight

Back to Jen’s question, I think you’ll for sure have lunch but I’m not sure about breakfast. It may be snacks early but a lunch later.

I know I’m flying the same day you go back and my tickets say I have dinner on my first flight from LAS to ORD but just a snack from ORD to MCO according to my printed tickets. Do your tickets specify?

Personally, I’d eat before I board and have a bag of substantial snacks just in case. I know I’ve only ever not been offered a meal on a nonstop cross country once and I’m trying to remember what airline. Spirit maybe?

2 Likes

Ticket does not say. We are nonstop

1 Like

Southwest only offers snacks, even cross country flights. I always eat at airport & pick up something to eat on plane on those long flights. In the before times I’d grab a sandwich or salad to eat on the plane. Now it’s things like protein bars, Belvitas, something that might stick with me longer than just chips or candy. Although I have those too. :blush:

1 Like

:heart::heart: I totally agree with all of this​:blush: I’ve never had a bad meal there always hot and the employees are always so very nice. I believe the one here starts its employees at $18hr! I’d like it better if they had bacon :rofl:

3 Likes

I agree with this.

(Still overrated, but that’s partly because it’s so hyped. The food is consistently good, but not amazing, IMO.)

2 Likes

@OBNurseNH Inquiring minds want to know: What was the food situation on your flight, and how did you handle it?

3 Likes

We brought a few things (Twizzlers!!) and each something to drink. We partook of the free offerings on the plane and we were fine otherwise. I was worried about being hungry for nothing. I worry about that a lot, unnecessarily :joy:

7 Likes

Same, I bring enough snacks on our flights to last us the full 2 week holiday - it’s only 8-9 hours and we get lunch and afternoon tea included yet somehow I always think we’re going to starve!

5 Likes

OMG I looooooooooooooooove that place. There are only 2 or 3 in all of NC and SC, but luckily one is down the road from me. I tell everyone around here to try it bc I think it’s just THAT good and I’ve been to In and Out a few times and agree Habit is way better.

4 Likes

Agreed. We went in 2011 and I was like “The big deal is…?”

I feel the same way about Shake Shack (in NYC…not sure where else). I don’t find it nearly worth the huge lines that are always there.

4 Likes

I like the food and shakes at Shake Shack better but it’s not worth waiting in line for (and it’s too expensive, but I still buy it anyway).

3 Likes

I like their burgers and shakes too. Luckily ours doesn’t tend to have much of a line.

1 Like

Just went to look up The Habit on maps b/c I really thought they were a west coast thing. I found 3 in the Orlando area, permanently closed ( :zipper_mouth_face: Florida) but there are several 2 hrs south and into Miami area (not driving that far for a burger), but good to know if I head that way.

3 Likes

Two hours is a bit much for a burger.

3 Likes