Show off your Disney DIY!

Oooh there it is the gauntlet thrown down! haha! Now perhaps I will go find my RoundToIt and get started. I’ve had the supplies to get started for weeks now. Thanks, @nessagr! :smiley:

1 Like

Can’t wait to see them! I’m escaping the MN heat today and working on my sweatshirt in the basement. I’ll post my completed project, too, regardless if it’s successful or not. Fingers crossed it turns out how I imagine it!

I was able to get my sweatshirt done yesterday in about an hour. Made it short sleeved and cuffed, added the Mickey silhouette in a light-weight, super-soft flannel that my kids say makes me extra snuggly for hugs, as it’s at about the height of their faces. I was nervous about the appliqué part since it’s all curves, but just took my time and made sure to have the right stitch width/length before starting.

6 Likes

I ordered a pack of lanyards from Amazon and made these pouches to go with them:

4 Likes

Here are some ears I made:

The first set I made last year, Beauty and the Beast themed. I really like them, but the headbands I used were flimsy.
The second ones don’t have a theme per se, but they are made from the fabric of my favorite dress when I was around 6year old. It’s like bringing little me to the parks!

5 Likes

I knew right away the first were Belle themed- super cute! And using your fav fabric for the second pair is such a sweet idea! Those were the exact colors of my bedroom wallpaper growing up, too! Edited to add: the hardest part of making my ears was finding good headbands. I ended up finding mine at Target.

These look great! What goes the in pouches? (I’m working on my packing list and trying to figure out what I’ll want close at hand and what can go packed away under the stroller)

Someone on the forum talked about some really good headbands on Amazon, which I ended up getting and they were awesome. Eventually, I might just unglue the BATB ears and glue them onto a new headband.

1 Like

Those are for the kids in our group…they can use them for things like gift cards, pressed pennies, and pins they want to keep (and not risk losing). The kids range from 6 yrs old to 10 yrs old. This will allow them to keep those things safe and close at hand while being responsible for some of their own stuff.

1 Like

I would love to know where you got those skins! those are fantastic!!!

ShopEmilyG - Etsy As I mentioned, I paid extra for the glow-in-the-dark option.

1 Like

Again, not fully my creation but the magic bands came today and I got to apply the decals I got on Etsy. Can’t wait for everyone else to see them- I’m saving them for the trip, though, so it will be 25 more days until they do!

5 Likes

I can finally show off my ears!!! I bought a pack of ears on Amazon and I recovered them.

5 Likes

Awesome job!! Do you have a link with the headbands you bought??

Do tell!

Sewed the pouches, zippers and all, and embroidered the names?

I got these. Plain mickey (no bow). The ear part is a little flimsy, so I ended up flattening each of them before reattaching to the headband. I could have added a piece of cardboard to each one, but I decided not to. Lots of reviews said these headbands fit well on bigger heads. That was the most important thing for me, because I can’t buy headbands anywhere without them pinching.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014ITMCZO

1 Like