Shout Out to AK Dining

A quick shout out to some fabulous quick service dining experiences my mom and I recently had at Animal Kingdom. First, the literal hole-in-the-wall Kusafari Cafe was the perfect place for breakfast. The sausage, egg and cheese biscuit was perfect as was the chocolate pastry. They had giant cinnamon rolls and other pastries as well. Definitely beat out Joffrey’s in my book. Second, we braved Satu’li Canteen and had their chicken bowl. IT. WAS. AMAZING! Great to sit inside the AC for a bit and have a good meal. Plus, the refillable beverage station was a nice treat for the middle of the day. I love doing new things at Disney and wanted to share with others in case you were looking for dining options at Animal Kingdom.

12 Likes

I loved the food at Satu’li! I’ll have to check out Kusafari Cafe, thanks for the tip!

1 Like

Satu’li has refillable pop? And Restaurantosaurus? So two places in AK?

1 Like

Kusafiri is my first stop every time I go to Animal Kingdom in the morning. I get an elephant ear and a breakfast wrap. I’m smiling just thinking about being there in October.

3 Likes

Satu’li does…not sure about Restaurantosaurus.

1 Like

Funny, my DD19 and I were so looking forward to Satu’li on our recent May visit, and were quite disappointed especially with the tasteless bowls. Asked for the sauce on the side and it was served cold…yuck.
I liked my off-menu cheeseburger pods but they needed less dough and more filing. Didn’t like the boring warehouse feel of the interior either.

OK - this post made me look up images of Satu’li cuisine.
I can’t imagine eating it! The photos of the dishes are - um - interesting. I don’t think I could get past the uniqueness.

1 Like

Yes, Restaurantosaurus has machines where you fill and refill your own beverages.

2 Likes

I’ve never had any desire to go to restaurantosaurus, but refillable drinks might do it. I die with the tiny cups of lemonade or what have you that I buy elsewhere.

1 Like

Refillable drinks and warm caramel brownie keep bringing us back!

I just ate there today. I had the salad, with chicken meat, and the herb dressing. It had some slightly different colors (red quinoa?), but otherwise it was very normal - broccoli, cauliflower, romaine, kale, quinoa and the very tasty blackened chicken pieces on top. DH had the beans and rice instead of salad, but otherwise the same (chicken and herb creamy salad dressing). It was good, certainly not weird to us midwestern retirees.

ETA: We had the bowls. Menu for those was easy: choose protein, choose base (rice & beans, pasta, salad), choose dressing.

2 Likes

It’s a must do for our family and we think it’s the best QS in any of the parks. Better than some TS places.

I’m with you, @lifewithjayne! Definitely the best QS in the parks. The cheeseburger pods are hit or miss, but we’ve loved everything else we’ve ever had there. And the desserts are gorgeous!

3 Likes