Shoulda done a live trip report

Fwiw their MO process was horrendous and took longer than the standby line anyway.

5 Likes

And I got stung :sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

So I got stung and that distraction made me miss my chance to get Splash for the right time. I do not recommend getting stung.

5 Likes

Here’s what we’ve done so far. What should we do next??

4 Likes

Sorry about being stung, but the parade is at noon. Idwatch in frontierland and run to BTMRR when it’s over.

6 Likes

Looks like a great morning! Hope you get Splash.

1 Like

Also you could say hi to the bears for me at Country Bear Jamboree.

2 Likes

Just jumped on BTMR for 12:45! Thank you @LTinNC82 for prompting us to watch the parade. We got a pretty good spot!

6 Likes

Rode BTMR. Phew! We have dinner at Jungle Navigation Skipper Canteen at 6 and Splash at 6:40. Going to have to do rider swat for that since I’ve tortured DS4 on two roller coasters already. It was a stressful morning, but we did everything I wanted. I think.

6 Likes

Stopped for a nice tame attraction after BMTR: Swiss Family Tree House. And ice water. Caught the Main Street Philharmonic’s Encanto medley, which perked up DS6. Met some ducks at the boat launch. Now back in the blessed air conditioning of our room at WL.

14 Likes

We did A LOT today. More than planned.

I doubt we’ll be able to rope drop tomorrow since tonight was such a late night, so I need to figure out our strategy.

I wish I could ask my kids if they want to re-ride anything, but luckily they are zonked.

We got a glimpse of the fireworks before it started to pour, and DS4 was transfixed. It would be awesome if we could see Enchantment for him tomorrow night.

19 Likes

I’m up, I’m up. Day 4 of rope dropping. Can we pull this off? Ughhh. I can’t sleep at Disney, so I’m pet sleep deprived at this point.

8 Likes

I thought you weren’t rope dropping!

Good luck. I would definitely have a good long rest in the middle of the day, especially if you want to see Enchantment tonight!

5 Likes

Somehow we got up and left later and we’re even closer to the rope this morning!

And they just announced a delayed opening for 7DMT. Again. But this nice woman next to me says they’ve been announcing the same thing every morning, but they’re actually starting to run it after 9. Ugh. Should we wait or not?

8 Likes

Maybe wait a few mins then bail if it’s not looking good? Always such a tough decision!

2 Likes

This person next to me says she’s been here every day for a week, and this is what they do every day. It seems like a mean thing to do to tell people this ride is open for early entry and then trick people into staying in a queue and missing other rides during all of early entry. I think it’s on purpose ad crowd control or to incentivize purchasing an ILL.

7 Likes

That is terrible if it’s on purpose.

2 Likes

stung by a bumble bee :astonished:

I’m sorry, @OBNurseNH knows where the hive is if you want to file a complaint :wink:

4 Likes

In my experience it almost always pays to wait it out when they say there is a delayed opening, unless they physically disperse the crowd. If they let you wait, it means it will open imminently (within 15 minutes or so). Hope you made the right decision, whatever that was!

5 Likes

Yes, we waited. They let us in about 8:56, and I’m glad we got to ride it! We did RS and DS6 was thrilled to ride twice. I can now confirm that I would not pay extra to ride it though.

I think we’re done with MK now. We’ll see if we have a burst of energy later, but I really need to rest now. The heat feels worse today somehow.

6 Likes