Should I pick a date for the sake of a countdown?

The timing of our next Disney trip is dependent on other things, but I feel like a countdown would be really helpful to me. Has anyone else picked a ‘most likely’ rough estimate date just to have the excitement of an actual countdown?

Edited to add: We’re talking about April/May 2020 at the absolute earliest, probably next fall.

2 Likes

Definitely pick a date! Start planning, research… anything to make it more real and exciting!! As long as you don’t book something permanent, you’ll be ok!

3 Likes

I often just pinpoint a season for a while. It’s hard for me to genuinely get excited if I don’t have something concrete.

I do understand the desire to be working toward exciting things. Is there something coming up this summer to get excited for in the meantime? Travel or otherwise?

1 Like

Have you researched good friday for 2020? Seen when flower & garden blooms at Epcot?

2 Likes

I’ve definitely done some research and note taking. We had such a good time, it’s hard to think about not going back for a while.

I have a weekend trip this month that I’m very excited for, but for the most part, we don’t plan things out that far in advance.
I’m going through a job transition right now so I think all the unknowns in the future for that are making me want something that seems concrete on the horizon.

1 Like

I totally get this!

1 Like