Should I go? Why am I debating it?

With multiple DVC contracts, Disney is quite literally my second home. Whether someone sees the cost of visiting as “outrageous” or “prohibitive” is a reflection of their perceived value of the product they are receiving. You may spend $60 on 4 oz of shampoo, but I don’t think it’s “worth it” and am perfectly happy with L’Oréal at $5.99. Neither of us is right or wrong. There’s a buyer for everything. For me, Disney offers a value that I’m willing to pay their market price for. I buy their WHY. I identify with their values of family, joy and connection. I feel as though I’m part of a bigger family. We all speak the same language and have the same ideals.
When someone comments on going to Disney “again?” as my former boss used to, I simple reply “I know! Isn’t it great?!”

13 Likes

And this is why I love you all. I’ve just received Disney therapy, lol! But really, its changed my perspective, and now I can get back to enjoying booking a Disney vacation to spoil my dear family. Thank you!

5 Likes

Ok. I’m coming from a similar place to you - we have been super-cautious in regards to Covid since the beginning. Haven’t really travelled since the start of the pandemic (other than a week trip each summer to Cape Cod, which is about 90 minutes from our house). We also have an unvaccinated 4-year old, and have cancelled/postponed at least 4 Disney trips since the pandemic began.

Omecron changed things for me. I have seen tons of people get it who were being super-careful. With vaccines it’s relatively mild. With kids, its also relatively mild, especially at 4. I think we’re just resigned to the idea that we’re going to catch it at some point and we just do everything we can within reason, but we’re at the point where we want to start living again.

So we have a trip booked a couple of weeks after you are planning one - April 19-26. And this time, I think there’s a 99% chance we will go. We’re pretty committed to it at this point, I think the kids need it and we do too. So we’re going. Hopefully DS4 will be able to get at least his first shot and possibly his second by then, but if not, we’ll take what precautions we can and hope for the best.

All this is a rather lengthly way of saying: DO IT. I think it will be theraputic after the shitshow of the last 2 years.

2 Likes

:::adds @mikejs78 to the New England Liners group:::

3 Likes

Thanks @mikejs78 . Its comforting to know we can relate. I hope you all have a wonderful time!

BTW just for another covid experience to reference, DH caught Omecron, but somehow the rest of us under the same roof did not. I was resigned to the idea we would all get it together, so I’m pleasantly surprised we did not. DH is vaccinated but not boosted and it was like a sinus infection for him. He’s getting back to normal now, although still a lingering runny nose and still testing positive after 1 week. We also resigned to the idea we will get it at some point, so I’m happy his was mild :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Born in RI, live in Southern MA. Lived in NE my entire life except for a one-year stint in NYC when I was just out of college.

2 Likes

betting I’ve been to your town for hockey a lot

Of course, if you come here and tell us you’re going to Disney again, we all be like:

You’re going to Disney again!!! :partying_face: :partying_face: :tada: :clinking_glasses: :confetti_ball:

1 Like

If not my town (I live in a very small town) very likely one neighboring it.

1 Like

Look carefully at the projected crowd #s for that week and see if you’re truly ok with them. It’s my understanding that everything around Easter (even most of March and April) are pretty high crowds. That’s why we’ve avoided spring break; we’ve had them both the week before and the week after Easter.

1 Like

I’ve waited too long to book this trip and now there aren’t any AoA, Pop, Carribean, or All Stars rooms available :frowning: I currently have Coronado reserved but would greatly prefer a skyliner resort. I even had to play with the dates to make that work. Why does TP show Crowds in the 2-6 range Apr 5-10 if there aren’t any rooms available? Would seem like sold out rooms would equate to high crowds.

I don’t think they are filling hotels to capacity still

2 Likes

Swan and Dolphin both have availability on Marriott site. $370 a night but the location is great.

1 Like

How did you stalk hotels when you were looking for your Jan trip? Was there any secret or just refreshing a whole bunch?

I just lived on the website and fresh like I was playing the slots in Vegas

4 Likes

Love this. Playing with the dates definitely helped as well (I believe I got that tip from here). I’ve been monitoring Undercover Tourist and MDE.

2 Likes