Should I go on this cruise that you can't go on?

So these are the stops. The blue dot in the middle is where I live.

The offer is two, three or four nights. I’m assuming it’s going to just bounce back and forth between Liverpool and Newcastle.

In terms of practicality, boarding at one of those and departing the other is easiest for me. Oh, actually, boarding at the London one is do-able as I have some train fare credit to spend.

5 Likes

Just realised they are not making vaccination a pre-requisite. Testing, face masks etc.

I want to see the pricing. Then I’ll think seriously about it. Maybe it could be a good intro to DCL

7 Likes

They go from Liverpool, that’s convenient!

4 Likes

I was looking at just under $4k for my cruise (s) that I booked and cancelled (3). This was for 7 nights. I am not rich and I am fairly frugal, but I thought the splurge was worth it.

As Matt said this is the U.K. That means it could be raining, overcast and cold much of the time. That limits deck time, let alone swimming or sunbathing. Which means eating and drinking indoors most of the time, plus the entertainment. Presumably they’d allow for that when working out capacity, since everyone would be inside a lot of the time.

So for @sanstitre_has_left_the_building , @missoverexcited and the rest of you, that means it’s essentially a Disney booze cruise. With Mickey and his pals along for the ride. :wink:

11 Likes

I am sure that I am speaking for a lot of the folks here that would love to tell you that you should go take a slow boat to nowhere.

5 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

I want to see a group shot of @Nicky_S, @missoverexcited, and @sanstitre_has_left_the_building on that cruise!

14 Likes

Me too! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Found it!

17 Likes

Ooooooh I really hope someone from here is able to go on this! I saw it this morning. I know the Pound can be strong but I cannot image $5k for a 4 night cruise. For comparison, I’m paying $1400 for a 5 night cruise in March 2022. I would love to do a Disney cruise.

I have the opposite bitterness of @sanstitre_has_left_the_building that the UK/EU won’t let me in!

3 Likes

Go!!!

4 Likes

I can’t believe you are even asking IF instead of just booking it.

5 Likes

Seriously, if you don’t at least try to go you are a moronic nincompoop of the highest order. Like - you’d earn a hashtag over your failure.

4 Likes

It’s a good thing I’m about to get locked out. I’m now going to mute this thread before people start screaming it’s going to be nothing but a Covid nightmare and they’d never be caught dead on a floating Petri dish.

Seriously.
Have you not booked it yet???

5 Likes

While I have enjoyed the stops on my RC Caribbean and Princess Alaskan cruise I did not like the ships at all. I thought I hated cruises and being stuck on a boat and then I went on a Disney cruise. LOVE LOVE LOVE it…it’s the only way I’ll ever cruise again. DO IT!

2 Likes

I can tell where this sentence is going and — aww! — that’s so sweet :slight_smile:

:sob:

4 Likes

Booking doesn’t open till April.

3 Likes

Ok. I missed that part. You had me at DCL.

I love cruising. Love it. All of it.
Yes. The destinations are often fabulous,
But I can’t tell you how many times I hear my family members say that the cruise was great but they didn’t get to see enough of the ship. This would be perfect for that. As long as the shows, rotational dining, and fireworks are still on, I’d be on cloud 9.

3 Likes

and the spa! Does the Magic have the scavenger hunt? That was so fun. I want to do all the different story lines.

Edit: and the bars were awesome!

1 Like