Should I drop the fastpass?

Hello to all! Here is Francesco from Italy (probably one of the few Italians, here :))
In my personalized touring plan for Animal Kingdom the “system” says to me to not use fastapss+ for Festival of the Lion King. Should I drop it in favour of another attraction, which probably interest me less? I’m afraid to do that, since few days ago the system surprisingly raised the levels of crowds in my selected days (it’s 9 now). What if the estimation is still optimistic? I don’t want risk to change the fastpass following the lines tip, and then crowds increases and I’m going to be left out of the show…
Is the estimation to drop a fastpass really affordable?
Thank you!

Ciao Francesco! I would go with the Optimizer’s advice and drop the FPP, unless there is absolutely nothing else that would really get a benefit from an FPP. If you “publish” your TP (in the Edit Basic Info" section) and post the sharing link it gives you we can take a look at the plan and possibly make some suggestions.

Sure! This is our AK touring plan (we are mom, dad, and a 4 years old princess): Personalized Touring Plans

For the curious, these are our other touring plans:
HS: Personalized Touring Plans
EP: Personalized Touring Plans
MK day 1: Personalized Touring Plans
MK day 2: Personalized Touring Plans
AK: Personalized Touring Plans

We are theme parks addicted and we have visited Disneyland Paris several times so we didn’t put in the plans attraction that exists also in DLP (it’s a small world, big thunder mountain, and few others), or meeting caracters we already met in Paris. In case everything will go ok, then we’ll have time to ride further attractions or meetings (to be hones I’m not sure if is it better to put these “least interesting” attractions at the end of the list, then “evaluate” or drop them completely from the plan and then “optimize” eventually adding them the same day of the visit.
Thank you!

Ciao, Francesco. The plans don’t appear to be published. This link will show you how to do it.

Edit: ok, linking doesn’t seem to be working from my phone. Search on the subject line above and you should be able to find it easily.

Hello Agent_c, sorry for the delay. It’s weird you cannot see the plans. They are set as published (I also have the confirmation of it as a message at the top of every plan)… Can you please check them again? Thank you!

You need to post the URL that is listed in the Basic Info section, right below the notification that you have published the plan. Then we will be able to see them.

@thedarkmist - Sorry I didn’t see this earlier. Just an FYI in this weird, wonderful forum world - if you put the “@” sign in front of the user name it will tag them so they know you’ve responded.

For your AK plan, I was able edit the header so I could see the plan. The URL should look like this when you are done - Animal Kingdom

Looking at your plan I would have two concerns, based on your family and a 4 year old princess. Both Dinosaur and It’s Tough To Be a Bug can be pretty intense rides/shows and I’m not sure if your daughter would enjoy them. It’s pretty common for ITTBAB to scare kids. Also Dinosaur has a 40" height limit – which your daughter may or may not make. Of course, your daughter may be a daredevil - one of mine was ( and still is) and was annoyed when she couldn’t ride some rides because she was too short.

The rest of the plan looks good. You may want to include some time for Wilderness Explorers, which my kids enjoyed immensely.

I’ll try to look at your other plans later – unfortunately work calls. :smile:

Sorry to all for my misunderstanding of the link system. This is out touring plan list, with correct url:
AK: Animal Kingdom
HS: Disney Studios
EP: Epcot
MK day 1: Personalized Touring Plans
MK day 2: Personalized Touring Plans
AK: Animal Kingdom

About some “intense attractions”: yes, I’m aware about it, but we think to use the baby swap!
Thank you all!

Bellissimo!

The link system is confusing - but you get the hang of it.

On to the plans:

HS looks good. I assume you will be leaving the park and coming back for Famtasmic.
EP looks OK as well. You may find you spend more time in each pavilion, but you have plenty of time between that and Illuminations. Also, some people prefer to go straight to Test Track ( seeing your FP for Soaring) to ride that first before the line gets too long. You can drag it up to the first spot and evaluate the plan to see what that does to the rest of the wait times.
Your MK plans look good - but you probably could fit more in if you chose to. I notice you didn’t include Dumbo, which is popular with children your daughter’s age. She may have already ridden it at DLP, but I know it’s something my kids can not pass up – even at 8 and 12. Also, I see your day one has the evening parade ( which is Main Street Electrical Parade), then Wishes. Celebrate the Magic happens between the two, so you can see all in one night, and them maybe spend the second evening riding other things while the shows are going on, as this tends to shorten the ride lines.

The other thing I would be aware of is that the plans do not take into account child swap, which in effect extends the time you spend on each ride. You may need to optimize in the park as you go along, assuming you can get WiFi so you don’t end up with a massive phone bill when you get back. :smile:

Enjoy your trip!

HS looks good. I assume you will be leaving the park and coming back for Famtasmic.

Well, in fact no, we plan to stay in the park all day. We put in our plans what we absolutely don’t want to miss. There will be some other attractions (like Rock’n’Roller Coaster, Tower of terror, Star Tours, carachter meetings) we would like to do but only if we will have enough time and energy (jet lag will be heavily on our shoulders) because they are attraction present also in Disneyland Paris and we rode them a lot of times so they are not a priority for us. If I put them in plans, the optimize process make them first thing in the morning which is not a good solution for us: we don’t want to drag our daughter to attractions she cannot ride, as first thing in the first day of our vacation (we usually ride them during her naps in the stroller, in the second half of the day). So the time the software puts in the afternoon is not a deliberate choice. Putting these attractions in the plan and moving at the end of the list and clicking “evaluating” results in weird output probably because it assumes long waiting lines even if we will use (if possible) single rider line (we have to mix single rider and baby swap). The software tends to leave a long mid day gap with nothing to do, and concentrate everything in early morning and late evening :confused:

Your MK plans look good - but you probably could fit more in if you chose to. I notice you didn't include Dumbo, which is popular with children your daughter's age.

Yep, but it’s also a Disneyland Paris attraction, and she knows it very well so it’s not a must :slight_smile:
Likewise fo HS in the “free time” we will choose to ride additional attraction if we will have energy, following the ones with the more convenient waiting lines.

The other thing I would be aware of is that the plans do not take into account child swap, which in effect extends the time you spend on each ride.

Yes, but there are no many attraction will require it, and in case, we will try to mix single rider and baby swap, to shorten waiting times (we are 3). Besides of it, is there a method to put in consideration the baby swap in the plans?

You may need to optimize in the park as you go along, assuming you can get WiFi so you don't end up with a massive phone bill when you get back.

This is a critical point. Hope the Disney wifi inside the parks works well, because we will depend from its for a lot of organizing things, and optimizing while in the park will be a primary need.
Thank you!