šŸš¢ Should I dream a Dream?

For every thought one of us has there will be a directly opposite thought.

But I would try it. There is no way there is actually enough ā€œsootā€ for it to impact your vacation. It isnā€™t Mt. St. Helenā€™s for sure.
You will feel crazy vibrations in pretty much any cabin pulling in and out of some ports. Like - it can be so smooth you donā€™t notice, or you can feel your fillings shake.
Many decks will be damp in the morning. And again when the sun goes down.

If the price fits, I would 100% try it. And I am really more of a oceanview cabin person. But I would try that set up in a heartbeat, Matt.

7 Likes

I would go for it for sure.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve watched a bunch of YouTube videos about this room (or ones like it) and I really feel I should go for it. The verandah is just awesome. Compared with this:

You actually get two sun loungers (not shown in earlier pic). As well as two regular chairs and the small table.

5 Likes

Party on the Matt & Paul deck!!!

3 Likes

Yup - itā€™s the main reason I am not wild about verandahs. They just arenā€™t super comfy. Iā€™d rather have a large window on a low deck and be able to see the ocean from my bed.

1 Like

Yeah. Those little ones are more for going out, looking at the view, and coming back in again. Not super comfy for hanging out. Whereas my verandah you can really use.

3 Likes

Instant earworm.

7 Likes

FTFY

Do it. We ended up in a 5C by the time we finally got on our cruise, but one of the many bookings we had that got pushed out we had 4E rooms. We did have 4 staterooms across 3 families & opened up our verandahā€™s so we had one veeeeery loooong verandah that we all used to go between the non-connecting sets of rooms and it was plenty of space, but in a heartbeat I would book a 4E extended.

As for the aft. @QwertySCā€™s spot on. There will not be near enough soot to negatively impact. And yes, many of the decks will be damp as well. There may be slightly more on the exposed extended part, but youā€™ll be on the lounger so again, shouldnā€™t impact you too horribly.

And from what I gather reading the reviews about aft rooms & the vibrations, if youā€™re a light sleeper it will impact you the most & if something like that happening in the early hours of the morning will disrupt your schedule then itā€™s a lot more of a burden. But if youā€™re not a light sleeper or wouldnā€™t be terribly bothered to be up & lounge in the room that early then I wouldnā€™t let that deter you. We definitely want to try an aft extended verandah one day for the amazing views. Especially with the wake in the moonlight.

So yes, definitely get right on booking that.

6 Likes

There are many things you really canā€™t tell if they will bother you until you are actually there.

We often noticed vibrations whenever we where in the aft section so much that we vowed never to stay past midship on any future cruise but we also know many people donā€™t mind at all. Ask yourself if you noticed vibrations while you were on your other cruise. The sort of vibrations that will inconvenience you will be constant and never-stopping, not just going in-out of ports.

Wet balconyā€¦I mean, you are in the ocean. I donā€™t even know what to say about this.

Foot traffic is quite low for 98% of the cabins so I wouldnā€™t factor this in a decision. Our favorite cabins are close to the elevators and we never hear anything.

Soot, I wouldnā€™t worry about this. Sure, you might have to be careful when leaning on the rail but how often do you plan to do that.

Verandahs. We are not verandah people. We are never in the room long enough to enjoy them. The verandah might be ā€œbigā€ but Iā€™m sure you will end up squirreling away from the sun so much that it is effectively as small as the other ones. Donā€™t forget, this is Disney. If it was premium location you would get charged accordingly and not just 50 more.

Me, personally, wouldnā€™t go on the cruise. Disney is nice and all but it is mostly for families. Sure, you can still have a good time but why spend that much money? The shows are nice and the characters are cute but you can get all that elsewhere.

1 Like

I spent a lot of time on my little verandah. I was traveling solo, so that may make a difference. For me, it was the best place when I was feel queasy. People say itā€™s because you can watch the horizon, but I was reading soā€¦ /shrug/

1 Like

Not super-helpful.

Well, yes. I could be persuaded not to go and was pretty much there already. But Paul wants to, so itā€™s very likely happening. I have that room on a three day hold.

Because itā€™s an adventure.

Not on a big boat you canā€™t.

2 Likes

I really like how this photo of the balcony has a person for size comparison. It seems like a very big balcony to me (based on photos and videos since I still havenā€™t been on a cruise).

2 Likes

Iā€™ve stayed in rear facing rooms and I personally love them. Iā€™ve never had an Aft Veranda but I find the ā€œsideā€ verandas too small so this is a plus. Iā€™ve noticed a minor amount of extra noise when staying on the first 2 guest floors. When we stayed on deck 7 (I think) there was no extra noise but I did feel the boat move more. This could induce sea sickness if one is prone to it. But I love those rooms for the view! Iā€™ve never been on this ship. My experience is from different ships of different sizes.
Is there a reason that balcony would be wet over the other?

3 Likes

The issue a couple of people reported is that water runs onto the balcony from above when decks are being cleaned.

1 Like

Maybe if it were a 10 night cruise Iā€™d dig more deeply into that pieceā€¦ but for 3/4 nights I donā€™t think it could detract from the overall fun.

There is so much to do on the ship, I canā€™t even imagine what percentage of your entire trip you will spend out there.

2 Likes

I can see a verandah working for a solo traveller. But I like my feet up. And trying to arrange it for two people to lounge would be convoluted if at all possible.

2 Likes

absolutely.

Now - the good thing is Matt has cruised before, so he already has some thoughts on what he likes. But there are so many variables.

2 Likes

Is there another stateroom balcony above that one or is it a public deck? That could make a difference. Also, I wouldnā€™t worry about it. DCL may be different but the deck cleaning tends to be when people are off ship. Also, the decks are non slip. I would just bring some ā€œverandaā€ flip flops and park them at the balcony door.

1 Like

Yes, choose a 4E. Thatā€™s the only rooms weā€™ve had and they are fantastic and HUGE. I said this earlier in a post above but we have coffee in the mornings out there and wine with a cheese plate in the evening. We spent plenty of time out there, especially in the long loungers.

4 Likes

Itā€™s a good thing nobody came back into my cube while I was rocking out to this!

1 Like