Should I change Plan based on new MK hours?

Last fall we had a Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique res for my DD3 at 8:00 am on a day when MK opened at 9:00 am. This plan worked perfectly as we finished up a bit before 9:00 am and were able to walk right onto a ride. Our general plan is park time from RD to Noon. Then lunch and break at BLT. Then back to the park for a couple hours in the late afternoon.

We have the same 8:00 am BBB planned for our upcoming October trip. However, now that the park hours have changed to a 7:00 EMH and 8:00 am opening, however, I am thinking that I should try to change the BBB res to later in the morning … like 10:45 am-ish.

Based on my kids schedules, we would like arrive around 7:45, get a couple hours of rides in (including 2 of our FP+) and then head to BBB as the park gets more crowded mid-morning.

Does this change in plan make sense or should I stick with the 8 am BBB res?

1 Like

I would definitely try to move it later. You don’t want to waste prime ride time in BBB.

3 Likes

I too would move it. RDing 7:00 EMH is gold (who wants to get up that early on vacation), but even arriving at 7:45 should still be good. I wouldn’t want to spend that time in something I could do when the park inevitably gets mobbed.

1 Like

What is everyone’s opinion about when the hours change and they move EMH to 7 AM? This recently happened to me as well. One of my days at AK changed to 8 AM opening, 7 AM EMH and then 2 days later I got a crowd prediction update for the same day at AK and that the crowd level dropped. I would have guessed Disney is anticipating larger crowds by opening earlier, but then the crowd level prediction dropped according to TP.

Same thing happened for all of my days. I’m not putting much faith into the lower crowd levels at this point. I don’t know the details of the CL formulas, but I suspect the longer park hours compared to the same days in prior years (without a sufficient off-set of increase of expected crowds due to SW:GE opening) resulted in the lower CL levels across the board.

1 Like

Agreed. I dont really depend on CL predictions, but I found it curious. We shall see what happens!

Thanks. I just made the change. I had to switch to a different one of our MK days due to no availability on the day we initially planned BBB, but that’s not a big deal since we don’t have FP+ res yet.

1 Like

I only needed to read this far.

Yes. Change plan. Early and often.

I do.

3 Likes

Ha! You sound eerily similar to another Matt I once “knew” on these boards.

3 Likes

He sounds like a swell guy. I would have loved to have known him. You were lucky to have done so.

4 Likes

There - FIFY. :wink:

3 Likes

Ha! I hear you … But, my daughter loved it last time so for that reason alone, it’s not a waste!

WDW is not about children enjoying themselves. It’s about adults having a good time. Leave the kids at home — that’s my advice.

1 Like

It wouldn’t be my choice, but then I’m not, nor do I have, a little girl.

I had many adult only Disney World trips before I had kids … those trips were a blast! But seeing my kids enjoy and love Disney World as much as I do (and experiencing it with them) is also great fun!

1 Like