First I want to say thank you: touring plans is the best! And also, all the people in this forum who helped me out when I had questions, you are awesome and made my trip better! Thank you!
Well, I went to WDW from Dec. 29th to January 10th, with my DH who had never been! We stayed at Pop Century and got the dining plan because this trip was heavily focused on FOOD (hello disneyfoodblog lovers!)! So this trip report will be focused on that!
I'm gonna do this trip report on bullet points just to make it easier, sorry about that! It's worth noting that I am brazilian, so forgive the grammar mistakes
- New years: we went on December 30th to Magic Kingdom to watch the NYE fireworks and on Dec 31st we went to epcot. We did rope drop at both parks, and it was totally worth it, in MK we got 6 rides done in the first hour and a half (Space mountain, stitch, buzz lightyear, small world, pirates and haunted mansion) and at Epcot we pretty much just went to test track and then to Akershus to have breakfast. I gotta say that our strategy to stay sane during these days was to book breakfast, lunch and dinner on both parks to avoid the quick service lines and find some quiet time. It totally worked! I recommend it.
About the restaurants:
- Breakfast at Crystal Palace: I had been to 1900 Fare and I gotta say I enjoyed Crystal Palace a lot more! It was just fun to be at the park having breakfast with the characters, it's a magical experience! Would totally come back.
- Lunch at LibertyTree: The food was good, but it was a LOT of food, I couldn't handle it! To me it wasn't worth the price, but if you like to eat a lot of meat, they definitely deliver!
- Dinner at Be Our Guest - LOVED the experience, cuz I'm a huge Beauty and the Beast fan! But the food was just ok, I wouldn't be back!
- Dinner at Cinderella's - we went another night just to have dinner at Cinderella's royal table. I LOVED the experience, we watched the fireworks from there and it was awesome (it's worth noting that we had seen the castle fireworks before, and it was fun seeing it from a different perspective). I wouldn`t return because for me it's a once in a lifetime thing, but it's total disney magic and I'd recommend it to anyone!
Breakfast at Akershus: it was fun to meet the princesses and the breakfast was good, but if it wasn't for the dining plan, I don't think the price tag is worth it!
Lunch at Rose and Crown: loved it, we had a table at the patio and it was beautiful!
Dinner at Le Cellier: I'm torn about this one, we really liked the food, but I think it's too expensive. Still would recommend it!
Lunch at Biergarten: we went another day to epcot and it was fun to have lunch at Germany, but we both liked Rose and Crown better!
Lunch at Brown Derby: SO GOOD, srsly, I had never been and now I'm going to always have lunch there whenever I go to hollywood studios. We did the Fantasmic package and it was totally worth it!
Breakfast at Tusker House: we had an ADR pre-park opening and it was totally worth it <3 loved it!
California Grill Brunch at the top: someone here recommended it for me because I asked about where I could get eggs benedict. Dear person: thank you! This was an awesome experience! And now I want to go back for dinner!
Ohana: I love ohana, the food is good and I love the atmosphere at the Polynesian!
Trader Sams: This bar is awesome! I regretted not being able to go again and spend more time there, it's really great atmosphere and the drinks were really good.
Frontera cocina: Loooved this place! I would go back in a heartbeat, the guacamole with bacon is amazing.
Raglan Road: Such a fun place, with good food! Highly recommend it!
A few things I tried because they were on my Disney food bucket list:
- Pineapple Dole Whip: I feel I'm gonna make some enemies with this one, but I didn't love it I liked it, but thought it was too sweet for my taste.
- Mickey's chocolate covered apple - I loved it! <3
- Macaron ice cream sandwich from France in Epcot: love it, it was really good!
About pop century: I really liked pop century!! I had stayed at all stars movies, coronado, saratoga springs and I gotta say that I would totally stay at pop century next time. The location is great, the buses worked out great, and the price was good. We got a room at building 6, which is close to the food court, and it was excellent. At first we were deciding between French Quarter and Pop century, but decided to go with pop century + dining plan, which was the smartest choice considering we wanted to eat in a lot of different places and I think we made the right choice!
Anyway, I guess that's all I had to say, hope I helped someone And thanks again everybody!