Shoes?

Adidas Cloudfoam sneakers–you can walk miles and you’ll be comfortable.

1 Like

Been wearing converse all-stars for over 30 years. Probably not half your age. :blush: They are super comfortable and have only improved since Nike bought them.

I will say that I have never needed arch support in any shoe, so it may just be my feet.

2 Likes

I’ll have to give them a try. I have some old Simple Shoes that are similar in style, but nothing beats the look of an iconic pair of Converse. I do have some leather Pikolinos that I like because they’re waterproof, and the profile is slim like Converse. Unfortunately, I didn’t take them to WDW.

It’s the puffy white tennis shoes I can’t stand, but have resorted to because my feet demanded it.

1 Like

While I agree they are better now than in the past, I got blisters on the bottoms of my toes after wearing my converse at Disney 2 years ago.

Brooks Ghost running shoes - and Anti-Blister socks! The socks may be expensive, but so worth it. Still have sore feet, but no blisters.

1 Like

Another vote for New Balance. There are MANY different types, I like the Foams.

2 Likes

Sooo much depends on your specific foot size and shape, I think. Last trip my everyday shoes were a slip on sneaker by Klogs (a brand made for people on their feet a lot). They worked great for me. This coming trip I’ll probably either bring a slip on Dr. Scholl’s sneaker or a lace up New Balance sneaker. I like the look of the slip on sneaker better (more shoe-like, a more fashionable style, and works better with a variety of outfits), so I’m leaning toward that one as long as both styles stay equally comfortable between now and the trip.

Another thing that makes a huge difference for me is to carry bandaids and put them on any spot I notice rubbing. It’s often not the “traditional” blister spots for me, but even so if I cushion at the first sign of discomfort I can prevent blisters and stay much more comfortable. Once I know from day 1 where the rubbing spots will be, I pre-bandage the rest of the trip.

2 Likes

Get some good (I’m talking $12-14 a pair) socks. I love my Feetures socks for running and would wear nothing else at Disney.

2 Likes

I also love my Birks. I have both the regular leather Gizeh and the Eva Gizeh versions. They are both equally comfortable. The Eva is obviously the safer bet if you think they might get wet and they are also a lot cheaper - but be warned: mine often make a tooting noise when I walk. Ha! Probably not a concern in a crowded, noisy park though. Teehee…
I’ve done running sneakers, trail sneakers, and hiking-ish sandals without much issue but I’d still opt for my Birks over any of those.

2 Likes

I’ve decided that my feet just hate me. I have flat feet and overpronate so I need shoes with support and I also wear an 11W, so finding a good shoe that comes in that size is near impossible. I have Asics that are specifically for overpronation and those have worked the best, but my feet still hurt in the parks (especially standing).

My mom, on the other hand, wears basic flip flops and has zero issues :expressionless:

1 Like

I think I’ll check out some New Balance, but I am afraid, like Jenn94, that my feet just hate me. :wink:

Thanks everyone!

1 Like

We just got back from WDW on 9/28. I was concerned about my feet (diabetic) and brought 6 pairs of shoes. Unfortunately, the first day out I wore a pair of orthopedic sandals got blisters on my right foot. I did break all these shoes in before going to WDW. The shoes that saved me were AllBirds, these shoes are fabulous, light weight, breathable, dry quickly and so comfortable. A little pricey at 95.00 a pair but your feet and body will thank you. My legs or feet never hurt after a day at the parks and a night at Disney Springs. I wore my “Lounger” AllBirds the rest of our stay with no more blisters, aches or pains. Check AllBirds out online…the most comfortable & best shoes ever!!!

1 Like

Teva Hurricanes…specifically. Other Tevas didn’t work well for the rest of my family who wanted different Tevas because they didn’t like the styling of the Hurricanes.

I’ve also started wearing AllBirds at the recommendation of liners. And I love them but they are not park tested. Work tested for 12 hours and fine but not park tested. I currently am wearing the Breezers.

1 Like

I hesitate to make shoe recommendations because I am a flip flops person which I know doesn’t work for most. (I do looove my Reefs & Crocs) My advice is to take a few pairs and alternate. This helps me more than anything. Also, as I have learned the hard way, it’s just hard to predict which shoes are actually going to be the best ones so it’s good to have backups.

4 Likes

:woman_facepalming: It probably would have been helpful for me to mention I have recurring achilles tendonitis in one foot. :woman_facepalming:
I wear a compression brace (when I’m going to be on my feet/walking all day) on that foot and it USUALLY helps.

I’m guessing that the New Balance would probably be best for that.

Yes. I really do think it’s hard to prepare one’s feet for Disney. It surprised me which shoes worked and which didn’t. It helps to have options.

1 Like

I agree, alternating is important. I use my most supportive shoes for long days, and will wear back-ups for shorter outings. It’s quite refreshing to slide into different shoes!

Yep, I bet NB will be the way to go. I wear a knee brace, totally not the same thing but I understand living in a body that can’t function all on its own. It took me a while to get over the fashion disappointment, lol, but being super sore is not worth it. They do sometimes have some less garish styles, if you have time to watch for a pair you like. I wish neon orange wasn’t the au courant colour scheme. I already did the 80’s once.

1 Like

I’ve been rocking (fairly unattractive) Keen sandals for all of my theme parking lately (and I wore them pretty much all summer after having ACL & meniscus surgery earlier this year). The footbeds are a similar material to Crocs, but they have leather uppers and a sturdier outsole that gives much better traction. I’ve found that wearing them slightly loose around the ankles prevents any rubbing anywhere on my whole foot.

I think there were 2 days on the most recent trip when I wore my Brooks Ghost runners (also a post-op purchase, at the recommendation of my physical therapist, and I LOVE them but boy are they pricey) because I knew it wasn’t going to rain. For me, not walking in wet socks is the #1 priority, because I’ll get blisters every time.

1 Like

New Balance work well for me. I have to wear insoles for plantar fascitis and I pre-bandage with moleskin. I put it on and then sit for 5 minutes to really let it bond to my skin before adding socks/shoes and walking around. This seems to help it last all day. I carry spare moleskin and a small pair of fabric scissors in case I need to replace during the day.

I’ve learned where I blister so I can avoid some of them. I have to wrap my toes and that doesn’t always prevent pain, but delays it some.

2 Likes

Brooks Ghost for me, too. Also, their Adrenaline line. What are good anti blister socks? I found some Peds cool max socks about a year ago and now I can’t find more.

2 Likes