Shock announcement (you won't believe me!)

I agree with @gamusicman, as a fellow Brit WDW is a pricy holiday and most of us go with a 2/3 year break (I’m not counting counting the small gap of 14 months between my current 2, it’s for my 50th :wink:) also it’s the reason why we do a longer break AND do universal. If you can get over to Shanghai or Tokyo, even better, both places are friendly and safe and great to tour without Disney (but you must fit them in!) As for DLP, (ducking here for any fans out there) I didn’t like it! After only ever going to WDW since 2001, we had a trip to DLP last year…no comparison, yes I’m spoilt with WDW, but I like being spoilt! :grin:
Have a break and come back in a couple of years…there will be new things to see and experience and you can do it the way you want, without scrimping.

4 Likes

I agree too.

Have a think about what’s happening over the next couple of years, even three.

Star Wars, gondolas and the new train ride all due to open summer/fall 2019.

Then Rat, Tron, Guardians …lots more in the pipeline for 2020/2021. In fact by 2021 and the 50th celebrations there will be a whole lot more.

I say at least wait until 2020 to be sure of SW:GE being open.

2 Likes

Yes, so much more in the pipeline!
When I saw ‘rat’ I thought ‘that’s a bit harsh on the new Mickey/Minnie ride!’ :roll_eyes::joy::joy:

3 Likes

:joy::joy:

1 Like

So, I changed my mind and booked it, taking advantage of free dining and a free $200 gift card. The total cost, including flights, will be much less than I’d estimated.

@OBNurseNH must be feeling rather embarrassed. She said it would take me 17 minutes to change my mind. It took three days. Ha.

I’ve trimmed costs by doing only five nights, at BC. Obviously the dining plan and gift card makes a saving. And I won’t do Universal. And being on property = no Uber. I’ll worry about flights next year, lol. I only had to pay £50 deposit, with the balance due next May, 2019.

11 Likes

Is it bad that I’m excited for me (I mean you)? Because this means we get to witness you plan ANOTHER trip and that is fun for all :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I’ve already started. I’m a bit stressed because I’ve only got 433 days to go.

5 Likes

I can’t believe you’ve booked it :joy: I’ve been waiting since Aug 2016 for yesterday and I didn’t!!

I’m famously impetuous. But I felt there was nothing to lose — except the £50 deposit. And it seemed like a great deal.

1 Like

Terribly embarrassed.

NOT!

Glad you booked it. How did your friend make out??

I don’t make out with my friend. That would be weird.

I guess in U.K. they don’t have FWB??

Also, my husband used to be just a friend. It wasn’t weird at all when we started making out :wink:

2 Likes

OK. I think I need to confess something. There was no friend. It was me all along.

Look — it’s not your fault you fell for my ruse. I was very clever about it. The deception was carefully calculated and executed with great sophistication. There was no way you could have known.

3 Likes

:open_mouth:

It’s going to take me some time to recover from the shock of this! And at 0540 in the morning! A person could die of shock waking up this way!

OK I’m over it.

4 Likes

I’m sorry for the distress I caused. It was never intended.

Of course not. You’re British.

1 Like

And you’re American — and this is the difference. (Viewer discretion is advised.)

3 Likes

oh my gosh! :joy::joy::joy:

I’m trying not to laugh too hard and shake the bed and wake my husband!!

For the record:

I am prone to a good F bomb

I do enjoy popcorn. I start out all dainty, one piece at a time, and then two minutes in I’m stuffing entire handsfull into my face with a rapidity that is impressive.

I am a bit rusty on history. But we do have a Mt Lafayette here in NH and I have climbed it - no flag tho - so there’s that

Lastly, I’m left wondering if you more resemble Eddie Izzard than Daniel Craig

PS Is it lunchtime yet?

1 Like

Izzard’s humour is very much my own. Though he seems to take himself too seriously nowadays.

I’ve literally just had breakfast (smoked salmon on cheese on toast). Maybe it was brunch.

Gee that’s fancy.

I might have toast. But just butter and jam