Shipping Things Home from the Parks

I shipped my Neytiri sculpture home last February and it was a fairly simple process. Granted it was just coming to Brooklyn, NY, but it was not a hard thing.

1 Like

I think Disney has like $35 max shipping from parks BUT that might be US only. And I can’t remember the exact amount. It’s what we paid to ship the droids and lightsaber home. They told us to wait till we’d purchased both because of the max rate.

1 Like

I’ve shipped a Castle from Poly and it went great. And we have shipped huge boxes from the resort full of droids, stuffies and other souvenirs. They have a great rates and use UPS. Works like a charm.

2 Likes

Something like an update:
So we’ve been waiting a couple of weeks for a package to arrive from the Bou-Tiki.
I was telling DW that I was a little concerned that we hadn’t received any notifications or anything. Usually customs sends me an email.

Now at this point, sweet, innocent DW said she paid almost $100 US for shipping - almost bought more luggage and took it home with us - so she didn’t think there could possibly be any further cost…

well, I just nodded because it’s nice to see some people still have dreams…

Anyway, an email to Disney turned up a claim that the carrier tried to deliver it on Friday.
This was hardly reassuring as we were home Friday.

Digging a little deeper, Disney provided the UPS tracking number and turns out UPS doesn’t have our complete address.
No street name or number.
Apparently, their plan was to drive into town and call out DW’s name.

UPS said I need to modify the delivery details.
I just need to provide the number from the delivery attempt…
:man_facepalming:
uh, funny thing about not knowing my address is you can’t leave a notice on my door

And of course UPS’ online help resources are entirely useless. I think they’re hiring the bots that couldn’t cut it as automated telephone operators giving you options as to what buttons to push

Luckily, Disney offered to help if UPS couldn’t… see how that works out.

I think I’ll wait until delivery actually occurs before I tell DW that customs fees were almost as much as shipping.

3 Likes

Oh my gosh what a mess

2 Likes

:crying_cat_face:

1 Like

Well, fear naught: Disney has forwarded it to the proper department and I’ve been wished a Magical Day.

5 Likes

And apparently that worked.
Package arrived today.
Unfortunately, the driver explained that a number of boxes tipped over and landed on it.
UPS broke my freakin’ Tiki statue

3 Likes

Noooooo. File a claim and then call Disney. They should be able to replace it for you.

2 Likes

:crying_cat_face::pouting_cat::crying_cat_face::pouting_cat::crying_cat_face::pouting_cat:

Glad you did get it, though.

1 Like

NO hearts for that!

1 Like

Not cool.

1 Like