Shipping of Magic Bands

As a UK customer, Disney won’t ship the free Magic Bands I get by virtue of a hotel reservation to my home. I have to pick them up at the hotel.

However, I could give Disney the address of the property I’m staying at. This property is unoccupied most of the time. Does the package containing the Magic Bands fit in a standard kerbside mailbox? If not what would the postman do with it?

Also, if the band is instead sent to my hotel for collection at check-in, is it likely that I could pick it up a few days early, as I’ll be at WDW before my check-in date.

The box is a plain, white rectangle. About 10"x3"x3". You will have to translate to cm as we don’t use that outstandingly simple system here. It will definitely fit in a standard issue US Mail box. Assuming the box is similar to this:

But they generally arrive around 3 weeks ahead of time, so it will sit for a long while in that box. All alone.

Don’t know about collecting it early at your hotel.

1 Like

I wonder if it will melt. It’ll be like it’s living in an oven for three weeks.

2 Likes

remember that if you have any Magicbands from past trips and they are still active, you don’t even need a new one as the old one’s will do.

The RFID locater thingie though only last for 2 years I think. I am pretty sure the contact sensor though is long lasting.

Yes you’re right. It’s a good back up plan though.

No.

But it will fit in a standard CURBSIDE mailbox :wink:

Good morning!

4 Likes

Meh. Supposedly.

But I still have a Gen 1 that I used last trip. I always check to make sure it unlocks my hotel room door before I rely on it though (or any extras I bring)

1 Like

I thought you were planning to buy a new one anyway?

Isn’t it funny how you can suddenly stop liking someone.

Meh. They’re pretty expensive and the shipping makes them even more so.

I figure I could have fun mixing and matching the pucks and bands that I have / am getting free.

2 Likes

:sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

Yeah I wouldn’t buy one myself even if we were offsite.

I still have several MB1.0. I used them all on my late March trip - and at least one was 4 years old.

1 Like

Actually, they are valued at several thousands of dollars/pounds each. Just sayin’.

1 Like

Did they work for the ride pics and videos? The long range stuff.

I don’t honestly recall. Sorry.

No problem! Just curious.

Don’t risk it @profmatt! Pick them up at the hotel. They may get lost or become a colorful goo in the Florida heat!!

Really? None has ever tempted you @missoverexcited? Not a single one? There are some really nice ones out there…