Share your MCO stories!

Shockingly, I seem to have run out of changes to make to my schedule, and my FPP window isn’t for ages, so I’m now looking for other things to worry about.

Last year my flight to MCO was internal (from BOS). We flew JetBlue (who were superb) and arrived either on time or early. Our scheduled arrival was 3pm and we were on Main Street just before 6pm, with a hire car (Alamo — amazingly quick and easy) to Davenport from MCO (to drop off bags off at the house and explore a little) and an Uber from Davenport to the Contemporary in between.

The return flight was fine. I arrived at MCO about two hours before departure. Security was busy, but things were moving efficiently. I was that guy who kept forgetting he had things in his pockets. Once through security I had a burger at BK then walked to the gate and waited about half an hour for boarding.

This year I’m arriving from the UK at MCO — scheduled arrival is 2.30pm and I’m aiming to be at Main Street by 6.30pm (via an Uber to Davenport and and Uber to the Contemporary). Sound reasonable? I’m only taking carry-on bags so no wait at the carousels and I’m travelling Upper Class, so I’ll be one of the first people off the plane.

Last I heard, uber was not authorized to pick up at MCO.
Of course this was some time ago and things do rapidly change. Otherwise your plan seems reasonable.

They changed that several months back. FYI.
https://www.uber.com/cities/orlando/vehicle-options/airport/

1 Like

NOOOOO!

What a relief! That @SillySamsMom had me in tears!

What a scam! You can only have Uber Select from the airport! That’s going to cost me top dollar!

1 Like

I totally agree. It’s crap.

Especially as my ride is to Davenport which is way on the other side of town. I might look into Lyft.

Lyft have no such restrictions: Airport Rides at Orlando International Airport (MCO)

And that may just cost Uber a whole load of money because I’ll now probably end up using Lyft for everything.

3 Likes

profmatt3h
Shockingly, I seem to have run out of changes to make to my schedule, and my FPP window isn’t for ages, so I’m now looking for other things to worry about.

:astonished:

May Day! May Day! Call the First Responders, we have a “situation”!

I hope you’re feeling better soon.

6 Likes

Lyft is the better company anyway.

Disney could have chosen to partner with either Lyft or Uber for the Minnie Vans. They chose to partner with Lyft.

3 Likes

I agree! I like Lyft much better!

2 Likes

Though I do actually think I may be finished with my tinkering with the schedule — until my FPP window opens (whenever that actually ends up being) — I did find something to tinker with today.

I changed my choice of seats on both my outbound and return flights.

Try Transportation by Mike. I’ve heard he’s good and not too pricey.

1 Like