Shady places in HS

Where are some of the best shady rest spots in HS? I know I will melt down there and to my knowledge there aren’t very many places to chill.

Under the walkway to Batuu near ROTR, that is honestly the only place I can think of

2 Likes

Outside the bathrooms near RnR. Usually outside the exit of ToT?

1 Like

The place you wait to be let into the Frozen show theater is shady and you could just leave instead of going into the show.

3 Likes

Ughhh there aren’t any. I do feel like I noticed more umbrellas around than when I was there in 2019. There are some umbrellas between TSL and SWGE that didn’t seem as busy.

1 Like

There are tables with umbrella outside of Pizza Rizzos and echo lake outside of Chinese theater.

1 Like

The covered area with tables by Rosie’s and Hollywood Scoops is one of my faves.

3 Likes

That one alleyway had some sketchy looking peop…

Oh.

Not that kind of shady.

Sorry

12 Likes

Bring an umbrella and you always have shade.

5 Likes

When you exit the Tower of Terror ride, and before entering the gift shop, there are nice benches indoors (in air conditioning!). You can get to those benches, without doing ToT, by just going through the gift shop. I’ve seen people waiting with young children and strollers for their family members that do the ride.

1 Like

I’m doing that! Totes makes a mini umbrella that provides UV protection. @mathhound recommended it, I think. Good for rain and sun!

4 Likes

Yes I did and it worked great!!!

2 Likes

Just before the tunnel to baatu, on the right, there is a small area with ledges you can sit on, near some of the fake shops and under some trees (not sure how to describe them-one of the windows has signs for a music store). It was a godsend in our last trip.

1 Like

Over in the Animation Courtyard was a relaxation zone with lots of shade…anyone know if that is still the case? We camped out there a couple times during our trips.

1 Like

There are usually a lot of people hanging out in Walt Disney Presents enjoying the a/c - we have hidden from rain there but it works for sun too.

2 Likes

I don’t know if they will have it this year because this was pre covid but I spent a good 45 minutes sitting in Galaxys edge across from Ogas under an umbrella with a fan on me and a direct view of the millennium falcon. It was so fun. I got more immersed in the land and people watched. People were chatty with me and one of the resistance characters came up and did improve with me. She asked me to hide her while the storm troopers walked by. I didn’t give her up. I probably should have though. Would have been cool to watch.

2 Likes

Commissary lane, just outside ABC commissary usually is shady and has plenty of chairs and tables

2 Likes