Shades of Green Resort and Genie +

Has anyone stayed at Shades of Green recently? If so, were you able to use Genie + at 7 a.m., or did you have to wait until park opening (usually 9 a.m.)? The Unofficial Guide for 2022 says “Park Opening.” However, it also said dining reservations 60 days out, but I was able to make reservations for 5 consecutive days on the first day I was eligible.

1 Like

For Genie+ LL (the daily $15 charge): everyone (no matter where they stay) can make their first at 7:00 a.m. The print version of the 2022 UG is in error regarding those staying offsite.

For ILL (the ones you buy individually), SOG is like other Disney hotels, and you can book/buy 2 of them at 7:00 a.m.

2 Likes

SoG is considered a deluxe resort on property so , you can use the extended evening hours too: Walt Disney World Resort Extended Evening Theme Park Hours | Walt Disney World Resort (go.com)

4 Likes

Thanks for the clarification. I should have realized that Genie+ was available at 7 because of all the other literature I had read. Actually, the ILL access is more critical. I appreciate all your feedback.

2 Likes

I stayed at SOG in May. No problem linking my stay and making dining reservations. I had mixed results on accessing some of the perks. I had no problem with Epcot deluxe hours or AK or MK early entry the first 2 days, on our 4th day at MK our magic bands wouldn’t show we were SOG guests during deluxe evening hours but the CM said that was common and let us through to everything. Sometimes having to show a room key, sometimes just by saying we were at SOG.

The next morning I tried to buy an ILL for the first time at 0700 and was not able to, my reservation was no longer linked, and I could not get MDE to relink my reservation. By park opening the ILLs for ROTR were sold out so we rode in the evening shortly before park close instead (and saved the money we would have spent on the ILL). I never went to guest services for help because we only had 1 day left and I wasn’t planning on buying any ILLs that day anyway.

We did have to show our SOG room keys to access Epcot early entry our last day though but not earlier in the week. I am assuming sometime mid stay MDE dumped our SOG reservation and that is when we started having more problems.
Hopefully this won’t happen to you and you have no problems.

1 Like

Thanks for the idea about taking our room keys. I had not thought about that. Makes sense. (Of course, we would need our room keys with us to get back into our rooms. :wink:) And I will double-check on links before and during the trip - just in case. I plan on using early entry at EPCOT our first day there.

1 Like