September and October 2019 Park Hours

Cussword cussword cussword. We’re staying off site, have no interest in Star Wars, and it’s too late to change our plans. This will probably be my kids’ only childhood visit to Disney, and now we can’t rope drop any of the headliners they were so excited about.

I still haven’t quite forgiven them for having both Space Mountain and Splash Mountain closed during my only childhood visit. Now I’m kicking myself for even trying.

Some people might want to go on the ride twice, that could take all day!

That may be optimistic. What were the wait times for FoP the first month. I would think that’s the starting point. Wasn’t it 3-4 hours?

1 Like

Whilst there’s only one ride open, it would be very easy to prevent that. And I suspect they will.

Once both rides are open, it becomes harder but still possible. They could have a system like wristbands, or everyone scans in on entry to the land and is given one “pass” per ride.

Well I was making an assumption that most of the EMH crowd could be in the land by then…

Hmmm, I think that could be optimistic, given I said it could be 6 hours to do everything. Although obviously the first people in could walk onto the ride.

Oh, it’s too hard to predict it. :joy:

2 Likes

They are pretty much saying to offsite guests “don’t bother”. I’m not reading this as a “crap, we need to extend hours because there’s SO many people coming, we won’t get through the days unless we open at 7am”. I’m still interpreting this as the opposite. “Crap- Hotel capacity is not where we wanted it to be” - let’s give a MASSIVE benefit to hotel guests and give people who stay offsite no chance.

Personally, I arrive 31 October and leave 7th November. We are usually early risers, but I’m concerned. Just wished it went for an extra couple of days. I’m worried about the onslaught come 3rd November; once APs and offsite guests have a chance again. We’re already set for 1st November rope dropping the magic kingdom; a 7am MK RD is the best way to spend day 3 of married life right? I might have a shorter marriage than Britney! :joy:

Crazy!! Sounds like something I would do.

3 Likes

This is super interesting to me. I also feel really bad for all the local APs who are getting the short end of the stick here. I’m assuming that the bloggers all planned ahead knowing a hotel stay would give them some sort of advantage and were already planning on that extra expense.

2 Likes

My family would absolutely do this for any park. I am all about maxing return on my investment. We are in early rising group to begin with and we mobilize quickly. I could easily be at a park at 5 AM and stay until midnight. With that said, we would go to a park every other day. With rest days in between

1 Like

I am sorry. I understand that disappointment when you have a trip you can’t rearrange.

1 Like

I absolutely understand there are people who will, but there are also lots of people who won’t/can’t.

2 Likes

Ok, I’m calmer now. But for a company that rewards people for planning 6 months or more in advance, you’d think they’d give a thought to whether they’re delivering what people thought they were buying all those months ago. This is especially awful news after spending upwards of three hours just trying to get our tickets linked to MDE. It’s like the more I know, the more I need to lower my expectations. On the bright side, I’m not going at the very beginning of this craziness, so hopefully people will share their experience and I can adjust our plans accordingly.

3 Likes

They are opening Galaxy’s Edge at 6am the first 3 days at 6am for everyone. That will more than appease the vlogger crowd.

Disney did say that they would manage this at DHS by extra magic hours for resort guests, when they announced the opening date.

So that clue was already there for people to book a resort room.

I think this is a better way to manage it for onsite resort guests here, rather than the reservation system. They couldn’t allocate a time to all onsite guests (over 30K rooms), plus they don’t want to limit the time you can spend in Galaxy’s Edge.

For offsite visitors, they definitely want them to book at least a night or two onsite to get that benefit.

2 Likes

I wonder if it’s actual WDW resort hotels only, or if DS partner hotels are included. Does anyone know?

The Disney article says “and selected other hotels”, so looks like all the DS hotels (that have the perks) are included.

1 Like

I’m wondering if there will be shuttle buses or transportation for disney resort guests to actually get to the HS before 6am and AK / MK before 7am? Also what about breakfast at the resorts - will this be available for disney resort guests before 6am / 7am?

1 Like

Yes there will be transportation. I don’t know about breakfast.

I feel badly for all the people with PPO breakfasts… who will now have reservations for prime touring time. I wonder if there will be cancellations.

1 Like

Lots of people are saying they are cancelling.