Thought M18

Honestly, I love reading all of your posts. I tend to be a “plan it, set it in concrete, move on to the next set of plans - and what do I need to have to be prepared to improvise on my plans?” type of person. Your regular changes and reasonings give me lots of new thoughts about my next trip(s).

I think it’s an amazing joke, TBH. Please note that is not the same sentiment as thinking that “@profmatt is a joke.” I think you’re delightfully fun, in lots of wonderful ways, and I’ve enjoyed trading barbs with you, nearly always with tongue placed firmly and irremovably in cheek, for quite some time now.

Finally … SO MANY I-types on the MBTI. Gah! I must be the only E here (ENFP, if you’re wondering). :stuck_out_tongue:

Keep on changing things and posting about them… besides, I love running gags.

Oh look, there it goes!!! :smiley:

5 Likes

I wish you didn’t feel like that. I would be horrified if it meant you posted less often or with less freedom.

From a purely selfish perspective, this has turned out to be a great thread — all’s well that ends well.

You did set me off, but there was no way for you to know that this would happen. You didn’t act maliciously. What you said wasn’t hurtful or offensive. Because of my past, sometimes things set me off. It’s like a flashback thing. It’s completely not the responsibility of the person who entirely unpredictably sets me off.

So please don’t feel bad. I certainly don’t feel badly about you.

2 Likes

WARNING
The following post is a joke. It is intended to make people laugh without offending anyone in particular.
WARNING

Ah, Myers Briggs personality tests. Depending on my mood, I either come out as either STFU or GFYS. :wink:

WARNING
This concludes the joke. We now return to your regularly scheduled thread, already in progress.
WARNING

11 Likes

Doesn’t a joke have to be funny.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahah.

1 Like

I think I got the same results! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Mine is sometimes IDGAF. This is particularly strong in the final days of work preceding my WDW vacation

5 Likes

Yay! Glad it’s still working and useful!

Ok I had to look that one up too and am guessing it is not the “reel big fish” anacronym they were referring to!

What is the advice or more exactly how does it work?

3 Likes

This.is.me! :slight_smile:

I’m not sure there’s much more I can add that hasn’t already been said by so many liners. But, I enjoy reading your posts - so much so that DH asks me if I’m reading stuff from profmatt again. LOL I’m fairly quiet on here but check in every day to read posts and connect with everyone through their thoughts and ideas they’ve shared. It’s truly a highlight in my day and I’m thankful for everyone on this forum. Change your plans all you want but PLEASE don’t change a thing about yourself…you are loved by many!

On a side note, I’m touched and impressed by your willingness to share with us your struggles with depression…I know it’s not easy. DD was diagnosed as bipolar several years ago and she had such a hard time accepting that about herself because she felt she was broken. It took many years and lots of love and support to get her to a safe and positive place in her life. I know much of that was because she could talk about her ups and downs without being judged or treated as if she were crazy. Having a solid circle of accepting friends/family is key to maintaining a healthy life and I hope you know that we are all here for you…anytime you need us.

Chin up buttercup…you only have 49 more days until your plans become your reality…and it’s going to be the best time ever!!

8 Likes

{{{hugs}}} My DD also suffers from bipolar disorder. I am a very active mental health advocate because of it. It’s not an easy thing for a family to be burdened by, that’s for sure. Glad your DD is in a safe and positive place. I wish I could say the same about mine. She is probably more stable now than she’s ever been.

5 Likes

There are still struggles for sure but, she has made such great strides in the years following her diagnosis. We’ve always told her, it’s like any illness, get checked regularly, take your meds and listen to your body. There seems to be some stigma that if it’s mental illness, it’s not the same as say, diabetes. That has been the area we have worked hardest to change for her…how she sees her illness and being accepting of what she has to do to stay healthy.
ANY time you need an ear to listen, I’m here. Sending you hugs and keeping your DD in my thoughts! :heartpulse:

4 Likes

@profmatt you are not an idiot! I actually think you are so alive, so open, so human. You have given me joy, you have made me think, and you have reaffirmed how delightfully fun yet challenging it is to plan disney vacations. BTW, I don’t normally check out the Forum as I’ve found it previously to be less dynamic and less fun than chat, but since you have joined, I find myself wanting to see what you’re up to and what you are currently contemplating. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I’ve been doing just that. I’m loving Adam Hattan on youtube. He’s hilarious!!

@profmatt, I too enjoy your posts. I don’t change plans often, but that’s because we go a lot! If I miss something this trip, I’ll catch it next time. As I remember reading in the UG years ago, Disney World will always be there. They’re not going to move it to Iceland.
Last trip, we didn’t ride NRJ. Ok, we’ll do it this time. I"m pretty sure we won’t ride the two new TSL rides and TSMM on our next trip (I mean ride all three). I’ll try, but if I can’t get a FPP, it won’t happen. DH and I hate to wait. The longest we waited was DD and I waited one hour for FEA. It was bearable, but I don’t want to wait that long.
And honestly, who wants to hear about your plan changes but us? We’re a uniquely focused group, and luckily, we all have the same focus.

3 Likes

Nooooo. I lurk on here A TON. (I suppose I should post more!)I truly enjoy all your posts and your “should I or shouldn’t I” questions!

I think we ALL have these thoughts. Obsessed with Disney planning and OMG WHAT/WHERE/GAHHHH.

WDW is VERY overwhelming. I mean I took a recon trip in December to be prepared for the family trip in February. While I wanted a trip, I am so thankful I did it. It was worth the expense (which wasn’t bad actually!), and our trip in February, was flawless, even with my sister joining us at the LAST MINUTE. (Note: sparkly shoes and a smile will get a guest services CM to make some super amazing magic. They added my sis to ALL our FP plans and dining) But even still, I was stressed most of the trip, because I was the one “in charge” of 6 other humans, two with sensory issues (one kid, the other my dad), my sister (who is just strange), my mother (who hates crowds and gets hangry like no one else I know), and my daughter who may or may not randomly pass out on us(she didn’t!).

Lurking on these forums, having a great TA and being prepared, it was priceless. I see your posts as my internal conversations with myself before our last trip!

This next one (we leave tonight), I’m more chill. It’s just DH and I, I’m not even fully packed, but we are gonna go with the flow and enjoy the first vacation we’ve taken since our honeymoon (not counting one 3-day stint to Palm Springs, where we ended up having dinner with my parents and kids two nights).

Post away. I love every change, every question, it makes me not feel alone in my disney madness!!!

7 Likes

I change a lot too.

In fact, I just booked on Thursday for a September trip and there is already an email in my TA’s box saying “Let’s change that resort from POR to CSR - and yes, I know about the construction (I live in NYC…used to noise) and the pool closure (don’t do pools).” So that should be done Monday. The one thing I KNOW is certain is MNSSHP on 9/9 since I’ve already bought my ticket. And brunch at BOATHOUSE with my friend who is planning to do MNSSHP with me. And my flights in and out - those will only change if the airline makes changes.

But I do get that humor and tone are very hard to convey over the internet (or any written word) because you can’t hear the voice and moreso you can’t see facial expressions.

1 Like

You must have realised by now that you are well liked on this site, your posts make people smile and brighten their day. You should have more confidence and belief in yourself, hopefully your post has helped. I’m sorry to hear that you are depressed and have few friends, maybe it’s time to make a couple of changes in your life? Sorry if that’s out of line, I don’t know what trauma you have experienced, but you seem like the type of bloke that can work out what is lacking from their life and do something to fix it. I have lots of friends, but I can think of numerous people who aren’t interested in being my friend, and most of the time it’s nothing personal they are just busy and already have too many acquaintances. I hope you make more effort to meet people, don’t let the knock backs keep you from trying.

1 Like