Sending bags with Magical Express without getting on the bus

Has anyone ever sent their bags on Magical Express, through the hotel check in, but not gotten on the bus? I don’t feel like leaving 4 hours in advance, and was thinking about catching an uber 3-2.5hr in advance instead.

Resort airline bag check? If you do that you do not need to go into DME. If you are flying in the US DME will pick you up 3 hours before your flight.

1 Like

yes the resort airline bag check, so I don’t need to get on the bus? the last two times I used it, my pick up time was 4 hours before flight, i’d rather kill some time enjoying a restaurant or something.

No! That desk is the same as checking your bags at the airport. They do not care how you get to the airport!

2 Likes

Just to be clear, we are talking about 2 separate things here. The resort airline check-in service is open to anyone staying at a WDW resort who is flying on one of the following airlines:

• Alaska Airlines
  • American Airlines
  • Delta Air Lines (U.S. Domestic Flights Only)
  • JetBlue Airways
  • Southwest Airlines
  • United Airlines

You check your luggage and receive your boarding pass at the resort, and then make your own way to the airport on your own schedule.

2 Likes

That was happening around the holidays a year ago, due to the construction at MCO. It was on the advice of the airport that DME started picking everyone up 4 hours before. Everything is back to normal,now, 3 hours for domestic, 4 hours for international.

2 Likes

I always use the airline check in at the resort. We always have a rental cat but a late flight. It is nice.to not have to worry about luggage. Less to juggle.

Never, ever, rent cats. Always buy them outright, even if you have to finance them.

8 Likes

:rofl:

Yeah well got to love typos

1 Like