Selling DVC contract

The no fee card is $1 per $100 so for a10k purchase it is $100. For the fee card it would be $200. Getting those rewards is not the big benefit. It is the 6 months, interest free.

2 Likes

Definitely. Thanks for bringing that up.

Gotcha. When you said points earlier I didn’t know if you had to collect so many to then redeem for some $ amount or not. Still getting $300 for being a new card holder plus $200 for buying 50 points direct is pretty decent. Then splitting that up over 6 months. Damnit I think you made this seem reasonable :rofl:

5 Likes

I took my proceeds and turned around and bought 50 points direct. Pretty much broke even but the contract I sold was stripped so I got 100 extra points out of the deal. No regrets!

4 Likes

I’m sorry you’re so fed up with BR and want to sell. What others have said about taxes is generally true (obv double check with your accountant if you have someone preparing your return). You’ll receive a 1099 either at closing or in January of next year noting the gross sales price. Subtract from that any closing costs in the seller column of the closing statement, DVC fees etc and what you originally paid for it to calculate your gain. That gain will be taxed at capital gain tax rates. DM me if you want to talk more specifically or run some projected numbers.

Jen Lafforge just posted a video with info on a contract she sold and then purchased a different resort. It’s not about taxes, but she does mention the use of the credit card.

3 Likes

Yes I just bought some direct points- put my down payment on my Disney visa ans also set up my monthly payment to be charged to it as well.

3 Likes

You can also have your monthly dues charged to your visa as well. They make it sooo easy to get rewards to spend there :rofl:

3 Likes

I watch a lot of videos. She has great info!

2 Likes