Selling* and Buying ... again! *Fixed it for you, Jeff!

Okay, I’m trying again. There is another 50 point AKL contract with August use year up for grabs! We’ll see if this one passes ROFR!

8 Likes

:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Good luck!!

1 Like

Oh! Did you just grab that?! I saw it was just taken and I thought of you!

International seller = automatic through ROFR!

4 Likes

Oh, really! I didn’t notice it was an international seller!

2 Likes

I hope you low-balled the offer! :rofl:

1 Like

I didn’t, but maybe I should have! :laughing:

1 Like

Woo hoo this is great news!

1 Like

The My DVC Points monthly podcast on ROFR said there were only 6 ROFR’s in November. I feel super special, because mine was one of them! :joy:

4 Likes

I thought of you when I listened! I wasn’t sure if that was the right month!

3 Likes

I wasn’t either and it took me a few days to remember and check my email. It was November 2nd!

3 Likes

So update to this old thread for the number crunchers! I had decided to sell my 50 point OKW contract that expires in 2042 when I bought a 50 point AKL contract late last year. I ended up taking it off the market because I used points from it to go to WDW in January when so many Liners were there. Fast forward to August and I decided to put it on the market again. It’s an August UY with 2023 points all gone, but 2024 points intact. The contract has sold and is at Disney for ROFR right now.

Here’s the breakdown:

Purchased in 2021 for $120/point, fully loaded with points from 2019 and 2020 as well as points coming in 2021. I’ve used 250 points total from this contract - 2019 - 2023.

Total cost to me: $7841.64
This includes purchase price, closing costs, and dues for 2021, 2022, and 2023.

Selling for $120/point, stripped - no points until August 2024.
Net return: $5230.00 after ROFR, commission, and estoppel fees.

Net cost: $2611.64 / 250 points = $10.45/point.

I’m pretty happy with this return on investment! I believe my first rental with these points was two nights at AKL in a savanna view studio during Easter week. Each night was 20 points so I paid $209/night all in. Not bad!

12 Likes

That’s a nice return! That is way cheaper than the market rate for those points over that time, and a great price on the rooms you booked with those points!

Thanks for sharing!

I need to do that math myself for considering selling my AK to possibly buy direct points.

3 Likes

Wow, that seems like a good price for OKW! But I guess 50-point contracts usually go at a premium so it’s hard for me to compare. (I just bought SSR at like $108/point I think? for 150 points).

2 Likes

Yes, the small contracts are definitely priced higher per point. I was not sure it would sell, however. And I would have been okay if it hadn’t.

2 Likes

Also, you bought when prices were pretty low. They seem to be perking up slightly. That’s what made me decide to list again.

When I purchased, $120 was kind of high even for a small contract. But I thought it was worth it because it came with so many points ready-to-use.

3 Likes

@Julianne_fki I know you started this thread in 2022, but I’m just seeing that there are 3 Ls in the thread title. :rofl: Is it too late to correct? LOL

I guess it could be an extra capital i … :thinking:

2 Likes

:rofl: OMG. You accountants!

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I love the edit!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes