Seeking employment in WDW. Teacher of 20 years

So after 20 years in education I am looking to start a new career. Therefore I am seeking advice on career opportunities for teachers outside of our field. I would love to work at WDW but I don’t know what jobs would fit my expertise. I also am having a hard time figuring out what jobs teachers would qualify for outside of our field. Please help.

1 Like

Have you checked this out?

http://wdw.disneycareers.com/en/default/

1 Like

I have. Doesn’t look like anything I’m trained for. But I could be wrong.

go for what you want as compared to what you are trained for. Sometimes it works out.

1 Like

I’m a teacher, as well. I’ve been teaching for 10 years, before that I was in banking and finance. I would love to work at WDW! I’ve thought of jobs that would fit teaching/child care could include: Working in the child care areas, like Lilo’s Playroom. Working in guest services, helping to teach people about the services available to them. Working as a DVC sales rep. Tour guide. Think about the skills that you’ve accumulated, and think of different ways you can apply them. We do so many different things as teachers!! When I started working, I worked as a bank teller and applied internally until I was working as an accountant in the back office of my bank. Basically my thinking was get in the door and then work up. Once at a company, you got the inside edge to internal positions. I would assume at WDW, like most companies, they would try to fill positions internally first. Best wishes!!

Not to change the subject too much, but I’m looking to see if anyone has information about the application/interview process. I’ve applied for a few jobs I’m qualified for, and I know with such a popular company it will take a while for them to get through all the resumes, but does anyone have experience with that wait time? I have a couple resumes “in progress”, and the rest still in “submitted”, and it’s been almost 3 months. Thanks!