Scream inside your heart policy

I generally am fine with others screaming. I super-hate people people screaming in the post -stretching room queue as you are getting to board HM, and maniacally screaming in the DoomBuggies during the ride. It is intruding in my experience, and usually annoying young people just trying to establish how cool and cynical they are, at everyone else’s expense.

4 Likes

Probably me at my kids. Not really, though. My unofficial policy is to try not to tell my kids “No” on vacation. Can we have ice cream? Sure! Luckily they haven’t caught on yet.

4 Likes

Mine too. And it confuses the heck out of my husband because I am usually pretty strict at home. Especially about sugar and food choices.

1 Like

Yep same. Before we went I said let’s try to say yes a lot. It was great. Nothing unreasonable and really made their trip.

1 Like

My kids have somehow learned to be pretty reasonable with sweets. My son will definitely turn them down in favor of pizza or tacos.

1 Like

My oldest is like that. My younger two, nope!

1 Like

I love this idea… why haven’t I thought of it?! It’s too late now :frowning: but I think the only thing I ever said no to during a Disney trip was staying behind in the room alone (moody teenagers can be the worst LOL).

2 Likes

I mean, it only works because my kids have reasonable requests like “can we have ice cream instead of stopping for lunch?” And "can we go on Splash Mountain again? "

3 Likes

Oh that sounds like what I have! Maybe not exactly the same but ‘recurring’ migraine which in practice means 24/7 for almost 2 years now.

:confused: Ugh. It’s so annoying! My start date is 9/21/16.

Oh wow, that’s awful! 30/9/18 for me. I did have some success with Botox earlier in the year but because of Covid our hospitals are only doing emergency procedures so I only got the first dose.

@amvanhoose_701479 and @missoverexcited
:frowning_face: I’m so sorry to hear that both of you have this condition! I can’t imagine having a continual migraine for years. I did have bad head aches during my teen years and then again during late 40’s/early 50’s (I’m now 54) (obviously hormonal). It was brutal but I at least had a couple of weeks off between head aches.

2 Likes

I’m hoping I don’t have it as long as @amvanhoose_701479!

2 Likes

Mine isn’t a full blown migraine, thank goodness. “Just” a mild to moderate constant headache in my left temple. But they’ve ruled out it being caused by anything “scary” (they even sent me to MD Anderson Cancer Center to look me over just in case). Tylenol takes the edge off (nothing else they’ve tried helps the slightest), but that was good enough to allow me to enjoy WDW. Priorities, right? :laughing:

2 Likes