Scooter Questions

My DAunt is coming with us in July. She doesn’t use a scooter under normal circumstances, but due to ankle injuries she is currently wearing a boot on each foot. She is expected to heal in 6-8 weeks, but I think Disney walking will still be too much in July. I’ve never dealt with scooters before. I know you can rent them from on or off site, but I don’t know which is better. If we rent one at the parks each day is there a chance they run out before we get there? How long does the process take? I assume it means no shot at RDing any rides. If we rent one from off site can we transport it in our rental car/van? With 4 small kids we prefer not to use Disney busses.

Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

We were in a similar situation in November. My DD21 broke her ankle in October and was in a walking boot. We decided to rent a scooter (too much walking at Disney). We rented from scootorlando.com. They delivered it to our Disney hotel. We rented the Amaze scooter and it was much faster and easier to maneuver than the Disney scooters (we actually had to rent a Disney scooter in July when the same DD dislocated her knee while we were at HS). So it was cheaper to rent offsite and it was a better scooter. And we had it at the hotel which was key for us because we had a car. The one we had folded down so we could easily transport it in our car.

4 Likes

Awesome! Thank you!

1 Like

We’re they able to leave it at bell services or did you have to meet them?

We met them when they dropped off the scooter (which was good to go through using it and how to fold it so we could put it in the car). They can leave them at bell services, but apparently there is a charge. They did allow us to leave the scooter outside our hotel room when we left and they just picked it up at some point. They just told us not to tell the hotel.

2 Likes

I guess that tutorial is probably pretty helpful. Ugh, that means not getting it until day 2 and no RD that day. How long did the drop off take?

1 Like

I just saw that Kingdom Strollers has scooters you can pick up in the airport. We may take that route so we can get it on arrival day.

2 Likes

It was. Since she doesn’t normally use a scooter, we really weren’t familiar with how to do that. The drop off didn’t take long at all (maybe 10 minutes at most) and they were on time. You might be able to RD depending on what time the park opens that day.

I meant to mention that when we rented Disney scooters in July there was never a problem with availability. The rental process at the parks is pretty easy and takes maybe 10-15 minutes (but it does slow you down a bit if you are RDing).

1 Like

Very helpful! Thank you!

1 Like

Gee I hope she feels better soon. I think a scooter sounds reasonable in your situation.

1 Like

That is fabulous. I didn’t know that was offered–I totally would have done that (instead I was pulling her in a wheelchair that SW let us use).

1 Like

Sorry to be late to chime in but I agree with @Dreamer. I always use scootorlando.com

2 Likes