Sci Fi Dine In worth it?

We went years and years ago when we were a family of 4 and again a few weeks ago as a family of 5. They had two types of cars: one with the bench seating facing the screen (holds 6 or more if it’s small children) and then another that was like a table that had chairs facing each other with a car hood and trunk attached (?) so you weren’t looking directly at the screen, but it was to the side of you. We opted for the bench seating for the experience, but it was a tight fit and my husband sat alone in the middle with my youngest driving with me up front and the teenagers in the back. It wasn’t super roomy, but okay and our server was super sweet and brought cupcakes for my youngest and I since it was our birthday. The food is pretty okay burgers and shakes. They had a vegan shake for my dairy allergic daughter and she was thrilled. There isn’t much to choose from in Hollywood Studios and we had done 50’s on our October trip. I think I prefer Sci-Fi to 50’s, because it really is quiet and kind of like a break from the day.

3 Likes

DS and I were hitchhikers, and I don’t think the family in front of us even knew we were there.

5 Likes

There are 3 seating options. Here is a v-log that will help explain the seating and give an over view.

7 Likes

We had a hitchhiker a couple of weeks ago - I only realized when we got up to leave. I have absolutely no idea when he turned up, he certainly wasn’t there when we arrived…! :joy:

3 Likes

I am hoping my youngest will especially enjoy it–she’s 7.

The thought of a steak at a drive in seems like blasphemy! lol We will order burgers and fries for sure. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That sounds awesome! Maybe I will take the solo bench seat in my family of five! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

You won’t regret it! :smile:

3 Likes

That video was really helpful! Thank you for sharing it.

I think she is great. She has made going a lot easier for me by letting me know different options I have as a large person with mobility issues.

1 Like
  1. The atmosphere is definitely what makes it, although the food is not objectionable.
  2. As others have said, each car seats 9 “average sized” adults. You’ll all fir in one “car”, but it’s not a conducive set up for deep family discussions…
  3. No. Any/every TS in DHS is better than any/every QS in DHS. I’ve eaten at all of them (except Woddy’s, which wasn’t open yet) and the only one I would go back to, if QS was my only choice was Pizza Planet - but it’s now Rizzo’s, which may or may not have the same pizza, and may or may not be open when you go.
1 Like

6 average sized adults surely.

1 Like

We ate there long ago and I was sad when it disappeared! Sniff!
It’s good to know that we can all sit together, if not necessarily close for talking/etc. And I am glad to know that HS TS is at least somewhat better than their QS!

I’m not sure what month you are traveling, but if it is hot weather, you will be very happy to be at Sci-Fi. The dark, cool room will be a welcome retreat from the Fl sun. Also, price wise, it is really not much more than a QS. Food is just fine. It won’t be your best meal at WDW but you are paying for the experience and the kids will think it is fun!

1 Like

Agree. I think the burgers are great. And, of course, you need a milkshake to go with it.

1 Like

Oh! This is something I may have to try. Do you know what they made it with?

I am not 100% sure what type of base their vegan ice cream has, but she had a cookie shake so it had oreos, vegan chocolate sauce, and coconut whip cream on top. Fun and tasty options for food allergies are one reason I love going to Disney World!

1 Like

That is part of why we are so excited for this trip–when we found out my son had celiac, I knew we wanted to go back to Disney to enjoy all the foods he can’t get at most restaurants on a regular basis!

1 Like

I suggest the Orbiting Oreo…oreo shake with a little booze in there. Yum!

3 Likes

Woody’s is nice. Also try Baseline for great beer and pub snacks that can add up to a QS lunch or early dinner

SciFi is a must do for us every time. And I don’t eat burgers!

2 Likes