School Band Trip (Planning for a group of newbies)

This is awesome! I’ll have to dig into it in more detail later, but my first thought was to consider the order that you want to present the info in. For example, the app is probably a good thing to mention toward the top, but it seems like the refillable mug could be moved toward the end. Putting the macro information first then working your way down to details.

4 Likes

Ah yes, makes sense! Please critique more.

2 Likes

LOL
Cymbals?

1 Like

This is remarkable!!
Great basic info.

2 Likes

Hey don’t make fun. I wasn’t in band.

1 Like

Hi fellow band parent! My DS freshman baritone will be at Universal with park to park tickets on 2/23-2/24, our high school band marches in MK on 2/22, we just finished up our marching season by winning Louisiana State champions with our Joker & Harley Quinn show titled “ Why so serious?” We had an undefeated marching season and I didn’t want it to end! Our area was devastated by hurricane Ida last year and with Covid the year before … well it’s nice for our community to celebrate something BIG.

3 Likes

Hey!

Wow, congrats to DS’s band! They are a great encouragement to your community. I know Disney has gotten very particular lately who they accept to perform and they only accept big bands now, so they must be pretty great!

Our band will be performing in USF in the morning march on Saturday the 25th.

2 Likes

Our last day is the Friday so we will miss watching y’all perform, but I know our band kids love to meet other band kids so hopefully they can make some connections during park touring. We have 150+ members but not all will be able to attend the Disney/Universal trip. My first two boys were football/ soccer/ baseball kids, my baby is the band kid and I have just loved our first marching season, the kids are so supportive of each other

3 Likes

Will be on the lookout for Central Lafourche Trojan band kids!

Did I guess right

2 Likes

Tip: make sure newbies to water rides at IOA understand they will be soaked! My band son is my park buddy and knows Disney and Universal very well so whatever friends tour with him will have their own park guide with them haha, and he knows water rides will be off limits that trip unless they bring in an entire change of clothes in park day bag (our band staying offsite).

Yep CL Trojans! Through and through (my husband and I are alumni as well)

2 Likes

For sure. Ripsaw could still be closed then, but the Barges should be open.

Impressed DS knows the parks so well! Yes he will be a big help to others.

First, this is incredible! It’s so helpful and will help newbie UOR visitors! Second, did you have a ball putting this together?? I feel like this would be a dream come true for me. I love this type of stuff. Which explains why I love Touring Plans…

For Fanny packs, it was helpful to learn that UOR wanted the three-prong type.

Can you mention the free locker system for Velocicoaster, Hagrids, etc? Then they can be primed to be put items into the lockers. And remind them that they need to keep their barcode on their body (aka their lanyards with tickets) so they can access the locker later.

I hope this trip goes well! As a previous marching band nerd and lifelong musician, I’ve greatly enjoyed following these posts!

3 Likes

Thank you I did have a ball, I love planning for trips and organizing info especially for the parks. I will also provide the attraction questionnaire, a mobile scavenger hunt, and maybe the Diagon Alley map too.

I will add 3-prong fanny pack, highlight in bold “small lockers are free”, and make sure to take your ticket with you on the attraction.

:grin:

5 Likes

On the free lockers add that if you re-ride and the lockers then want to charge you, you can find a TM and they will override the charge.
I love rerides, and we had to do that a few times.

2 Likes

Oh now ya tell me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Question. What exactly did you say to the TM?

2 Likes

“I rode it three times” (or some variation) said with an eager, honest face.
Because it was true, and I do love me some re-rides.
Re-rides mean all the joy of the ride without the trek to get there.

ETA: The locker people are very helpful. I remember one time there was a problem. The locker wouldn’t open and I had only the vaguest idea where it was. I described what was in it and she had to open like 30 lockers to look for my stuff. I was flipping out thinking my stuff was stolen. When my stuff was found, I spontaneously hugged her then apologized. This would have been Aug 2020 and hugging strangers was verboten. She understood though.

ETA2: We eventually figured out that the barcode reader was very sensitive and was sometimes reading the nearby barcode first and not the one you were trying to use.

3 Likes

Oh wow good to hear. I’m surprised that they allow you to get your stuff without paying. Because I thought the policy was only free for the duration of 1 ride. Glad to hear they don’t care.

Thanks for the info!

2 Likes

I had to tell the TM once that the ride broke down and it took longer than usual. They cleared the charge for me.

1 Like

I think it is really that they don’t want you leaving your stuff in the locker while you wander off and get lunch. Lockers are for people on the ride (or queue).

3 Likes

Will everyone have park-to-park tickets? If not, consider specifying this.