Scavenger Hunt Trip Reveal

We finally told the boys about our trip to WDW this past weekend. It has been really hard keeping it a secret, especially since all 4 grandparents are coming and there have been numerous times we almost started talking about it when the kids were around.

We’ve been waiting to tell them because DS3 had his 1-year post-Cancer MRI, CT, and labwork scheduled for last week. During his Cancer treatment last year there were many times we had planned to do something fun but had to cancel, and the disappointment was unbearable. So we wanted to know the latest possible results before telling them about this trip. Well, the results are in… HALLELUJAH WE ARE STILL CANCER-FREE!

The fun began first thing Sunday morning when our Halloween Mickey (which the boys hadn’t seen in a year) inflated magically while we are all in the other room watching morning cartoons. For the “magic” inflation, I used a remote-controlled outlet switch and had the remote in my pocket. When the blower started, I paused the TV and asked, “what’s that sound? do yall hear that?” And we all went to the other room to investigate… DD4 kept saying “What the heck?” throughout this experience. He was really stupefied by it. All day he kept asking, “How did all that happen?”

Then it was off to their closet for Pooh’s gift and the next clue. I got the Hunny Pots on Etsy for about $10, and found the small honey bears from a local honey farm for another $10.

Next we ran outside to their sandboxes to find the gift from Beast (their Magic Bands) and the last clue.

Finally, back to Mickey for the invitation, which was on the table next to him. At first, I had these hidden under an upside down cardboard box, but I quickly moved it to reveal the invitation and castle when they ran off after the first clue. Another attempt at some “magic”. I got the countdown castle from the Disney website for $40, a big splurge in DW’s mind. But I love Halloween and we will use it in following years too.

They had a blast doing this, and DS4 was sad that there weren’t more clues. He wanted to keep going!

30 Likes

Adorbs! Congrats on the clean bill of health too. Hope you all have a great time!

3 Likes

Yay for cancer free!!!
And yay for WDW too. Cute reveal. You worked hard on that.

2 Likes

Too hard…

Hunny pots:

2oz Honey Bears:

Castle Countdown:
https://www.shopdisney.com/mickey-and-minnie-mouse-halloween-countdown-calendar-400021225954.html

2 Likes

Congrats on the great report from the tests! What a great reveal!

2 Likes

Love this, so happy for you and your family. I cant think of a better reason to celebrate in Disney, have a wonderful trip.

2 Likes

So wonderful!!

1 Like

Very creative! Your boys are adorable and look so happy, I hope you all have a great time and make awesome memories on your trip!

1 Like

We just did one of these too! It was sooo much fun to watch our daughter work out the clues! (And such a relief to finally tell her! :rofl:) Have a great trip!

1 Like

Very cool! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh my gosh, I love every bit of this!! What a great surprise! Have a wonderful time!!

2 Likes

This is clearly the most important part of the story, and I am so happy for you and your family. I hope you have the dream trip for them. After what he has been through being so young, he deserves it.

Super cool way to have a Disney reveal, too!

3 Likes

Indeed it is! This trip is our family’s version of a Make-A-Wish kind of thing. Our “Cancer-free Celebration”! All 4 grandparents are coming. It will be exhausting and full of tantrums I’m sure, but it will be a trip-of-a-lifetime for all of us.

4 Likes

Oh my gosh, this is SO adorable and they will remember it forever! I love all the details you incorporated. Congrats on the cancer-free results and hope the magic continues throughout your trip!

1 Like

When we went in 2016, my daughters were both 6 at the time. We went for 7 days in the parks, so close to the end ( I think day 6) they were tired and both having their tantrums at the same time. We were trying to go somewhere and we were right behind the castle. Two people came up (obviously Disney cast members) came up and started talking. My kids had their names on their shirts so one of them said she prescribed (her name) a nap for one of them and a shady place for the other. Of course, they stopped crying for them. Once they left though, my kids started right back to crying.

Yes, there will be tantrums, but I promise you’ll remember the good stuff. And it’ll all be good stuff.

1 Like

Fantastic!

1 Like