Scavenger hunt ideas for Universal (especially WWOHP)

I want to do this! :wink: What fun!!!

Great list! I’ll add:

Other good questions for the goblin at Gringott’s Money Exchange is, “Do you know Harry Potter?” & “Are you an elf?”
Talk to Nagini the snake at the outside window of the Magical Menagerie shop.
Mention Voldemort’s name to the guy at the Knight Bus.
Go around the back of the Knight Bus and look inside.
Ask an attendant at King’s Cross Station “How do I find platform 9 ¾?”

The prize could be, at the money exchange buy some authentic wizarding bank notes (can be used just like a gift card).

3 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes

Get a picture with the one and only Hello Kitty!

Talk to an Egyptian on stilts.

1 Like

Now this is personal preference, but I’d removed the HRRR ones because the ride is bad and I don’t want to make your kids ride more than once :wink:

For some fun suggestions look into the Sat Six archive for each land of UOR for details and locations you can put on the list. Here’s some:

3 Likes

I have been going through your Blogs and Others…I don’t expect them to get them all done but I’ve got 100 right now:

Let me go thru these and see if I want to switch any out. I think 100 is a nice round number. Maybe it’ll be like a $1 a task completed or something?

*Also we’ll have the MUP so the boys shouldn’t have to pay extra for most of the photo things besides Shutterbuttons (which I can link a card in the app for them to use or put money in DS’s bank account for his debit card).

5 Likes

Also LOL about RRR. My kids love that ride…but it is possible the friend won’t like it. I’m sure my son will still get him on it once though.

1 Like

This looks so fun!

2 Likes

Maybe my mom and should compete with them and then winner gets another ride on RRR?!?? ;-). I do think a competition is fun and even though I obviously know the answers to these I wouldn’t cheat and would perform the task to compete with them. I’ll ask my mom. If we win the boys have to ? What clean the hotel room? Get dressed up for one of the dinners? Wear a silly hat for a day in the park?

Those are great articles, thanks for sharing!

1 Like

That file is amazing, thanks for putting it together!

1 Like

I decided I shall no longer trust your opinion on things. RRR is awesome!

1 Like

Thanks…I am trying to organize it into Park and land but does that make it too easy? ha ha ha

Mom and I decided to compete and whoever gets the most points (with 5 points being awarded for staying dry on Popeyes) and two part questions worth 2 points if you get both parts. If mom and I win, the boys get the souvenir of our choosing (aka something ridiculous like a Thing 1 and Thing 2 shirt or Cat in the Hat hat or something a 17yo boy would hate to wear) and they have to wear it to dinner. If they win, they get to choose their souvenir prize (within reason). Either way they get a souvenir out of it right?!?

I also think the adult version should be either a Flamin’ Moe or a Duff Beer for 21+ and at Hogshead either all three Butterbeers or the two beers? Cuz I don’t like butterbeer or soda really at all (minus an occasional coke or a fancy Italian cream soda).

3 Likes

Organizing by park and land is great. You almost have to because there is SO MUCH, it will take enough time so as it is.

That’s a great idea.

I just saw that Hogshead has a secret menu.

1 Like

Like the Deathly Hallows? Is that part of it?

Yep, I guess that’s The Triple.

“Some examples include the Black Hog (Hog’s Head Brew on bottom and Guinness on top,) Hog’s Bite (Strongbow Cider topped with Hog’s Head Brew,) Hog’s Tea (a traditional Long Island Iced Tea with actual iced tea used in lieu of soda,) and the Pear Dazzle (vodka mixed with pear cider and a splash of lemonade.) One of our favorites is The Triple , which has pale golden Strongbow Cider, topped with the amber hued Hog’s Head Brew, which is then topped with a dark Guinness.”

1 Like

I thought about doing it “The Triple” or used to be Deathly Hallows but I’m not a fan of cider. Beer yes but I don’t like apple juice and I don’t like sweet drinks really (kind of goes back to me not liking soda). But is the fact that it’s mixed with a stout and hoppy beer (I assume akin to an IPA which I love) make it alright? Have you had it?

No I have not had that mixture before. I am one to side with Butterbeer than Beer. :yum:

Oh, one thing that caught my eye in the blog for the scavenger hunt (not sure if you already had this) was Plymouth Rock and the School of Fish. :joy:

1 Like

Yeah I saw those. I did the piano from over there and a photo op from that land. I thought it might be too much from that land though I have every stinking detail about Harry Potter so maybe not.

1 Like