Scam email?

I just received this email from a site I’ve never visited before. Has anyone else seen anything like this? I want to unsubscribe, but I’m afraid to click any links. @JJT do you have any insight?

1 Like

I’d just ignore it, definitely don’t click any links. Delete!

1 Like

One of your bookings were through Hotwire or Priceline?

I got a separate email from Hotwire about my recent stay at Coronado. This email is so generic and not a trusted site I would visit such as those.

2 Likes

I got that less than an hour ago. I did not open it. I hovered over the sender’s name to see their full email address, and since I didn’t recognize it nor trust it, I trashed it. I was tempted to mark it as scam, but didn’t - yet. It’s very possible somebody got this from some Disney-related list.

2 Likes

FWIW, the domain was registered back in 2017 and appears to be somewhat legit - but in general from their Instagram page and the info on Trustpilot, pretty spammy looking to me.

The point of of the TrustPilot site is to review actual businesses, but if you notice on the the page related to them, almost all of the reviews are ostensibly about the RESORTS in the area - and generic reviews at that, not mentioning any by name. The earliest review on TrustPilot is only in July - I am not even sure what the point of them going to all of this scammy trouble is, except to generate an additional link back to their site(?)

Also, I am curious how they would have gotten your email if you’ve never heard of them.

Personally I’d just hit the Spam button in my email and delete it - if they sent more I’d create a filter to just delete them automagically from now on. I’m even tempted to create a TrustPilot login simply to call them out. :smiley:

5 Likes

Thanks! At this point I’m not even looking at booking another cash trip so I know it’s not some link I inadvertently opened, nor would I go to some site like that to book anyway. All very curious, but it’s going in the spam folder.

2 Likes

I dug a little deeper and see the Facebook page for the site has contact info related to some marketing dude who’s LinkedIn profile looks a bit suspect to me. :smiley:

People sure is funny.

4 Likes

It’s so interesting you mention LinkedIn bc my profile has been blowing UP lately and I know darn well it’s not bc my career path is in high demand :rofl:

2 Likes

Yep this looks scammy. What do you get when you hover over the email address in your inbox?

1 Like

I’m just on my phone so no way to hover. It’s in the bin now though.

1 Like

The name shows as: Resort Near Disney
Hovering cursor over name: noreply.invitations at trustpilotmail (dot) com

I didn’t want to use the @ sign and have their full email searchable that way on this forum.

I have a report SPAM button… that’s what I would do

I did that as soon as I read @JJT’s reply. My email is a gmail account. They’re usually pretty good about filtering things aside as spam.

2 Likes

me too, I don’t know how others work. It’s been a very helpful tool

2 Likes

Yup. Spam/scam. Block

1 Like

Mine is Gmail too. Weird.

2 Likes

I received one to my gmail account. Use it for Disney+, not my MDE account.

1 Like

They’re back. They just emailed me again (12:55 pm CDT), and I just reported them as spam again.

@LTinNC82 - Did you get another one, too?

I sure did. :rage:

1 Like