Savi's Workshop update week of 1/10/2022

Has anyone built a light saber this week? Wondering if they got the black cases back in stock or if they are still using lame plastic bags.

Can’t say for sure. We built on 1/9/22 and it was plastic sleeves.

We went back on 1/10/22 to purchase the upgraded carrying case in Dok-Ondar’s and noticed they were still using plastic sleeves over at Savis.

I am late to respond but my son attended the workshop on January 12th and they were still out. We purchased a padded carrying case from the gift shop above the class and it is perfect.

1 Like

We did this too and mailed it home and it made it safely.

We actually took the chance and carried it on our flights home. I was so worried that either it would be taken by TSA or deemed too big to be carried on the flight. Thankfully neither scenario came true. :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve heard from other people that it can be carried on

2 Likes

Yup they fit in the overheard bins. However, my kids didn’t and don’t ever want to deal with it (My son has like 4 or 5 lightsabers now as he gets one or two every time we go and mails it home every time…he doesn’t always get the blade since he can pop them out). Interestingly, they had zero lightsabers in Dok Ondar’s this time so Savi’s was the only way to get one this time around.

We’re gonna be building a droid too. I’m hoping to get that in some carry-on luggage.

1 Like

We shipped that puppy home too. It was like $30-35 to ship em both home together. Worth it imho. The boys did want to keep it to play with in the room since they both had droids with personality chips and I think they had a lightsaber duel (and they are 17yo so it was pretty adorable). So we shipped them home from the gift shop at the resort the day before we left.

*Also the droids did not come in the box they are supposed to and they didn’t have any backpacks to buy. So when we shipped it they wrapped them a lot in bubble wrap/paper.

2 Likes

I ended up watching a Youtube video to learn how to detach the hilt from the saber. Without the hilt, the bag fit in the overhead bin. We decided to attach it on the layover and my son kept it tucked against the window and under his seat. It’s a pretty awesome light saber and the best birthday surprise for my 11 year old. :slight_smile:

1 Like