Savi's Workshop Times

Were the time slots always that close together? DS13 did it on 5/29 and I thought it was longer than a 20 minute slot when we originally booked it. It was totally worth it, and I’ve never seen him so excited, but still a pricey splurge for a 20 minute experience.

(Also, I didn’t buy the upgraded “fancy” carrying case because I didn’t want to spend more at the time, but I wish I’d at least looked at them. Especially carrying it home on the plane, I was very stressed about it and wish we’d had a little more protection for it.)

20 min is about right. You have to report early for selection of your lightsaber kit, payment, and some orientation. But the amount of time inside the room is about 15-20 min.

2 Likes

It occurred to me that if there were more Savi reservations available there were probably more Droid Depot available too. Was able to just now move Droid to same HS visit on 6/30 Savi for an All Batuu All the Time time. We now have Ogas, followed by Droids, followed by Savi (with a little time in between each for other stuff). And it allows our resort day to be truly a full resort day if we want it that way. We still have an HS park pass so we can pop in if we like :smiley:

Loads of times available for Droid depot if you’re interested!

1 Like

Reviving this thread to ask about after park hours Savi’s experience. I vaguely recall someone saying you are limited in the areas you can access in SWGE for photos after official park close? Would stink to get cool lightsabers and not be able to take a pic in front of the Falcon because the park is officially closed.

Currently we have a 9pm Oga’s and about to book at 10pm Savi’s on a 9pm closing night.

Yes, you can’t go back by the Millennium Falcon. There are cast members at the stairs there (and around the far side) denying acess.

1 Like

Too funny. I was up at 4am MST this morning and got my DS a 9:05pm reservation!

2 Likes

Bummer. Again good photo spots still open in SWGE? Don’t need a photo pass photographer. My good ol’ iPhone will do!

1 Like

I didn’t go down by the Falcon for my pics. We just stood on the deck by Docking Bay 7 outside Savi’s and you could see it down below. So I wouldn’t worry too much unless you really want that close-up money shot. Just my opinion.

2 Likes

Awesome! Thanks! The fam is going to be totally gaga over the fact that a Falcon even exists so as long as it’s in the background they’ll be thrilled.

1 Like

Here’s my post with my photos that my wife took of me after Savi’s. It was after park close.

1 Like

OMG those are awesome! That’s much closer than I was picturing.

3 Likes

Make sure to practice your lightsaber stance beforehand. It is not intuitive (and I’m not saying I did it well - quite the opposite! :joy:). Also you may want to remove your Magic Band lol.

1 Like

I am quite sure DH50 has spent his entire life practicing his lightsaber stance. :rofl:

1 Like

Omg yes. I look like I’m at the plate ready to hit a homer. :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I never would have thought about practicing! I would definitely look like I was ready to hit a baseball :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

That is closer than I thought you could get too. I think I will keep my pre park closing Savis and after park Oga’s, bit if hours change I might flip them!

2 Likes