Saving on food and souvenirs

It takes time to go there and the lines can be so long! And like you said, there might not be anything good.

1 Like

They no longer have an outside line to wait to get in… it’s a free for all but it does take time away from being inside the parks.

1 Like

Lines were long to pay the last time I went!

1 Like

ohhhh… I just walked right up when I was there. It was SO disappointing, the store, so I don’t think I’ll ever make a trip just for that place again. I want to check out some of the second hand shops that Mr. Morrow showed on his vlog though… but they are a bit of a hike from my house.

1 Like

I’ve not been, but my wife and I have discussed going. Although, that kind of shop, I would think, would tend to carry all the products that no one really wanted to buy IN the parks…so maybe what is there isn’t worth the trip???

2 Likes

Totally agree! I have been there twice and there wasn’t much of interest for me. I wanted a Dumbo ornament one time but the line was more than 15 deep!

1 Like

Last time we saw a whole bin of Mickey Mummy Halloween popcorn buckets for 10 bucks??? they are going to be selling them again this Halloween… There are T shirts, leggings, kids clothes. All the adult stuff seemed to be XS though. I did buy two infant onsies for my GD at over 50% off what I would have paid in the parks. And I got some NuiMo stuff at 60% off too. You can find deals, but it’s hit or miss on what’s there on any given day. My DDs got a LoungeFly backpack for 20 bucks (Mar 2021) and they start at $70 in the parks. I did see some DB bags behind the counter but didn’t ask the price b/c I wasn’t interested. The short of it: I think they send things there that are either not selling in the parks or to make room for new merch in the parks.

2 Likes

Oddly, I think that place was busier during the pandemic than now. But, maybe I hit it on at off time?

1 Like

Totally agree!

1 Like

The luxury of living relatively close to the park is that you can frequent the outlet!

1 Like

Yes, true, but I do NOT like shopping. I go shopping w/ a list, get in/out and done. When I walk through the shops in the parks, I’m scanning and moving quickly, only stopping if something catches my eye.

2 Likes

I need you to teach this to my wife. She doesn’t listen to me. :rofl:

2 Likes

I’m not getting in the middle of this :rofl: everyone is different :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

When staying in resorts like Pop or POFQ where you have to walk through or near the main building with a food court to get to the bus, we bring water bottles and stop in the food court in the morning to fill our water bottles with ice and water from the soda fountains. Then refill them through the day with ice water from counter service places or bottle fillers. No need to buy bottled water!

2 Likes

Oh reallllllly?

3 Likes

I wouldn’t budget a lot for souvenirs. I buy a t-shirt and maybe pens. But I don’t go crazy. Maybe give your daughter a budget or gift card for souvies and she’ll make choices on what she wants.

I’m also a lover of the popcorn buckets. I love popcorn from the parks and the two dollar refill is up my alley.

I order kids meals. I like to graze all day so that’s up my alley.

2 Likes

You can fill a water bottle of your own for free at the resorts.

As far as souvenirs the penny machines are my fav (and very inexpensive). I got a slot book on amazon for under $8. I also like practical things like magnets and magnetic chip clips, t shirts, socks, picture frames, anything I will actually use vs things just for display or collection.

2 Likes

I do this too, but not w/ the intentionality that you just proposed. Love it!

ETA: especially magnets (on the fridge)

1 Like

It has been hypothesized that the only reason our fridge is still standing and running (it is 24yo) is because of the magnets that completely cover the front and one side!

6 Likes