Savi’s Workshop - A Review from an old school fan

Question about Savis now that it’s getting closer. I think my husband would like to do it with my oldest who will be almost 7. Would he be able to help her or can he only watch? Thanks!

“Officially,” he can only watch. But I’m positive the CMs aren’t going to get a bug up their butts about a 7 year old getting a lending hand (or vice versa).

Thanks! I think it would be fun for them but she would need help. I guess also if they chose the droid depot instead. Thank you!

Yup. I assume it’s why the let you have “one guest” accompany you. To unofficially help out now and again for the younglings.

Appreciate your help!

1 Like

Your husband can definitely help your daughter. I did this with my 5 yr old and no one batted an eye.

1 Like

Any way you can tell me more about this? Or show me on your lightsaber what you mean? I don’t get it, but it sounds important

We built both a saber and a droid together with my son and no one seemed to care which one was the “builder”, I helped him in every step. At Droid depot we actually switched adults midway, I picked parts with my daughter, then went to build with my son while my wife went with her. Seemed like no one really cared as long as there’s not too many people around one spot.

1 Like

So Savis was booked up and I got two droids so 4 of us can do it. This is great info! Fun that we can all go even the 3 year old.

I’m still looking for Savis because it looks like more of an experience? Which one did u like best?

It’s kinda a personal preference/problem thing. I wouldn’t say it’s a huge deal for everyone. With my Anakin lightsaber (not shown above), often times when i’m just swinging it around, my thumb will hit the activation switch and the blade will power off.

So when I went into this, I wanted to make sure the switch didn’t suffer from the same affliction. The one on this had a very snug switch, so my hand wouldn’t accidentally power the saber down mid motion.

I wanted to give a bit of an update since I have now built 2 sabers.

The second run was insanely better than the first go. I wasn’t rushed, plenty of time to experiment, and a much better experience overall.

Exactly what I expected that needed to happen (larger group) is what happened and it was all the better for it.

4 Likes

Got both! Any prep work we should do before?

I liked both, very different but both great experiences and a substantial product you get out of it. Savi’s was more immersive and intense, but enjoyable even for a 5yo.

Awesome!

We picked out droid models before hand (my son is not good with making up his mind :smile:), there are a lot of youtube videos etc to help with this, but of course not necessary if you want to wing it

Yea 3 and 6.5 thinking of having an idea. Will the BB and R2D2 talk together?

The droids do NOT interact at all together. I was seeing CMs tell families who were considering two that they would. That’s quite unfortunate.

The droids have two behaviors. They will randomly activate, and then interact to certain transmitter points through out black spire. The transmitters hit different frequencies which will activate droids in the area at different times. That will make them seem more “alive” and that they are interacting.

1 Like

Thanks! Good to limit expectations for that!

I was in a large group (full with 15 builders) during AP previews and I was left to my own devices - which I prefer. I was allowed plenty of time to re-configure and adjust. Even encouraged to do so by the wandering CMs. The CMs only seemed to park in front of kid builders to encourage them and ask about the kid’s choices. Thought it was a nice touch. Bummed you had a bad first experience. Thank you for sharing your experience so other Liners know to ask for time to adjust pieces and contemplate the finished build. And also that the pieces (including the actuation plates are interchangeable). As with anything Disney, CMs are not always the most knowledgable.

1 Like