Save time by eating!

Nah. Now you’re just foolin’ with us!

The longest I ever waited for anything was pre-FP days to get on Splash Mountain on Easter break. It was 1994, IIRC. Maybe 1995?

I hope not! You guys are scaring me. :worried:

You know I like you - so I’m only messing with you in a friendly way - buy WHAT are you talking about?
Pretty much everything at WDW is a facsimile of something better IRL, outside the themed attractions. Food is better elsewhere. The real Eiffel Tower and Great Barrier Reef are in your travel grasp. What makes WDW special if not the attractions?

1 Like

Yeah. Everyone knows the real Eiffel Tower is at King’s Island!

1 Like

Well played…

But I thought it was in King’s Dominion…

1 Like

Well, yes, we’ve been many places, but that all takes time- plus one of my kids doesn’t leave the country anymore due to his getting the 3rd degree from his employer (the Feds) when he returns. It’s just a hassle. And this same kid also doesn’t do beaches anymore, so no Hawaii. So it kind of came down to where can we all agree on going? It was here or the Grand Canyon :rofl: (we have not been there).

I kind of didn’t know what I was getting into with this trip, because so much has changed since we were there last. We wouldn’t be going were it not for the paid upgrades, there’s just no way. I don’t have that kind of patience, and the “kids” don’t have the time.

I’m a fan of great vacations, not necessarily a Disney fan. But if Disney can BE great for us, I’m all for it!

2 Likes

But you can look at the daily times, which break out each ride’s wait time per hour. This should give you a good starting point. If you want certain rides to be at certain times, you an also “book a FP”, then Optimize and then remove the FPs and Evaluate, with some “rest time” filler to see how things flesh out.

I noticed this flaw when creating personal touring plans. I would like to eat at Flame Tree , for example, but I don’t want to enter it as lunch and the optimize function arrange my whole day around Flame Tree at 11:15 am. Suggesting places en route or suggesting a slight time change in order to minimize my waits would be a great option to have.

2 Likes

I really agree with this! I need a setting on my touring plan that says “Will not walk for food”.

2 Likes

I just had this happen too when I was making a plan at Disneyland. The plan before had us watching fireworks and then riding Buzz Lightyear. I added dinner for an hour at Cafe Orleans and magically when I optimized I was about to get everything in before the fireworks. I thought it was strange, but I hadn’t really had time to dig into it.

I took out my meal breaks that won’t be adrs, and just scheduled them as 45 minute rest breaks, so i can just grab something where we are or where we’re going. Trying to figure out what QS would be close in the plans was just too much for me.

I thought that total wait time looked crazy too. I think my longest total wait time for October right now is well under 200 minutes. It does seem a little too good to be true.

I love Millinium Force and have waited that long. My longest wait was 2 1/2 hours to ride in the front with my 16 year old son on Top Thrill Dragster. I would do it again.

Eh. Top Thrill, for me, is worth maybe a 30 minute wait. I wouldn’t wait more for it. I did when it first opened, but apart from the launch, it is a boring ride. I actually prefer Wicked Twister (sitting in the back). Better…and longer. IMO.

For any individual ride, that is fine. But not so useful to figure which rides to put where to minimize total wait time. Getting the lowest wait time for FOP, for example, might force you to get times that add up to a lot more on other rides. So I want the software to tell me it is better to ride FOP at 7 even though it is a 20 minute longer wait because it means saving 40 minutes total in other rides.

You can look at the wait time graph thing for each ride you want that shows expected wait times throughout that particular day, and put them in your plan at the time of day with the lowest wait time from the graph. Not exactly the same as automatic results with “free time” suggestions, but at least it might help you figure out what blocks of time are better spent filling in with other things then going from line to line if that’s what the optimizer gives you.