Saturday, April 10

I’m an East Coast/WDW gal, so I was hoping for more World-centric news… :slight_smile: and the chatter about fireworks coming back got my hopes up. Sigh…

6 Likes

I’m actually relieved I don’t have to overhaul my plans for June. Phew…

12 Likes

Lol, I might be a little relieved too.

8 Likes

Don’t have to overhaul our plans yet

7 Likes

Me too. I’m very nervous about any changes to WDW right now. I have my plan pretty much set, and it takes into account all the Covid restrictions and protocols. Any change could throw a wrench in that plan.

The only thing I’d accept without reservation is if they increase ride capacity or open closed attractions / dining, etc. to eat up more crowds.

7 Likes

Seems to me that this lightsaber demo was a big piece of news out of the press conference today.

https://twitter.com/scottgustin/status/1380278475844636673?s=21

7 Likes

What I am a little nervous about is that I haven’t made any TP’s yet for our May 8-15 trip, so I am anxious about the wait times. We have PR’s and ADR’s, but I haven’t done TP’s yet because I expect the May park hours to change from what the WDW calendar currently shows, and I don’t want to have to re-do everything. I was hoping that some extended hours would have been announced yesterday at least. The TP software is set up for current “official” park hours, right?

1 Like

I have a trip 4/30-5/3 and I’m hoping for news on extended hours as well.

Hours were being extended about 2 weeks out. That became 3 weeks to cover up to the penultimate week of April.

Both of you should hopefully get extended hours soon. :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

That’s great news! :slight_smile:

Looks like I’ll be buying my husband another lightsaber.

3 Likes

cat

12 Likes

Can you explain to me what makes this different from what is already there? I have not seen any of the available light sabers IRL.

As a newly-emerging SW fan I have a feeling I’m going to want something very real.

2 Likes

The current ones are a fixed size. The new one is a hilt and the light part unrolls for a more authentic look.

1 Like

So the current ones are always “on” (except for the lighting part)?

1 Like

It’s cool and all…but not as cool as this:

3 Likes

Yes. There are some toy ones where the blade can be retracted, but due to the design, there is still a part of the blade out at all times, and you have to manually push the blade back in.

2 Likes

I love, LOVE Boda Borg! I would pay SO much money to do a Disney one!

1 Like

Me too! Of course I am very, very confused comparing it to a “virtual quest”. As I said to Len, it is the only time in my life I have ever become Clint Eastwood in Escape from Alcatraz ( the minute I climbed through the wall in the prison cell)!

1 Like

Hahahaha I know how you feel! The first room that I ever did was the Platoon one and I swear I could have been in Vietnam.

I get where there really isn’t anything “virtual” about it but it still feels somewhat similar to like The Void where it’s some kind of simulation. Imagine having to avoid being “seen” by a grown-up in Andy’s room??

1 Like