Saturday, April 10

It’s a poor man’s version of the Lines app and a personalised touring plan.

Not joking!

5 Likes

Jeez, I came here and saw that there were 100+ unread messages and thought surely something must have been announced… but no! C’mon, man!

8 Likes

I mean if you live in CA and are allowed to go to DL, there’s Avengers Campus opening June 4th.

8 Likes

I’m an East Coast/WDW gal, so I was hoping for more World-centric news… :slight_smile: and the chatter about fireworks coming back got my hopes up. Sigh…

6 Likes

I’m actually relieved I don’t have to overhaul my plans for June. Phew…

12 Likes

Lol, I might be a little relieved too.

8 Likes

Don’t have to overhaul our plans yet

7 Likes

Me too. I’m very nervous about any changes to WDW right now. I have my plan pretty much set, and it takes into account all the Covid restrictions and protocols. Any change could throw a wrench in that plan.

The only thing I’d accept without reservation is if they increase ride capacity or open closed attractions / dining, etc. to eat up more crowds.

7 Likes

Seems to me that this lightsaber demo was a big piece of news out of the press conference today.

https://twitter.com/scottgustin/status/1380278475844636673?s=21

7 Likes

What I am a little nervous about is that I haven’t made any TP’s yet for our May 8-15 trip, so I am anxious about the wait times. We have PR’s and ADR’s, but I haven’t done TP’s yet because I expect the May park hours to change from what the WDW calendar currently shows, and I don’t want to have to re-do everything. I was hoping that some extended hours would have been announced yesterday at least. The TP software is set up for current “official” park hours, right?

1 Like

I have a trip 4/30-5/3 and I’m hoping for news on extended hours as well.

Hours were being extended about 2 weeks out. That became 3 weeks to cover up to the penultimate week of April.

Both of you should hopefully get extended hours soon. :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

That’s great news! :slight_smile:

Looks like I’ll be buying my husband another lightsaber.

3 Likes

cat

11 Likes

Can you explain to me what makes this different from what is already there? I have not seen any of the available light sabers IRL.

As a newly-emerging SW fan I have a feeling I’m going to want something very real.

2 Likes

The current ones are a fixed size. The new one is a hilt and the light part unrolls for a more authentic look.

1 Like

So the current ones are always “on” (except for the lighting part)?

1 Like

It’s cool and all…but not as cool as this:

3 Likes

Yes. There are some toy ones where the blade can be retracted, but due to the design, there is still a part of the blade out at all times, and you have to manually push the blade back in.

2 Likes